1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

First week of Menieres (maybe)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sarmine Bee, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Sarmine Bee

Sarmine Bee New Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Hi. My post says it. I had tinnitus in my left ear - really noticeable, not background at all and, thank gods, only light "why is everything at an angle" vertigo. My ENT said "good luck, hopefully, it goes away in a month or so" and that was all I got. I stumbled upon this forum from my therapist - she told me to find support. Honestly, I was about ready to hit the exit button, I can't live like this. Crying to hours, not going out, they told me salt was the enemy - I stopped eating. I've been in terrible shape.

So Today I started lysine, A time-release vitamin C, and an over the counter tinnitus lipoflavanoid thing. I do have herpes AND I DID have a bad flair before this all started - is this really the cause? I'm just grasping at straws, my therapist looked me in the eye and told me if I'm not better mentally we should consider a "short term in-patient stay" at a clinic and I really might do it. I just need some help, encouragement, if this works, I'm going to be forever indebted. Does this work?

2. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    Hi. Welcome to the forum. There is a lit of information and support on this forum. I would suggest that you order the specific lemon bioflavinoids from Nutrition Express. All bioflavinoids are not created equal according to John of Ohio regimen. Increase your supplements slowly so you can access what works for you. Don't lose hope. From the sounds of it, your disease is in its early stages so the disease has not done too much damage yet. There is alot of information on here about the Herpes virus and the use of prescription and natural antivirals. I am on Lysine 3000 MG, Monolaurin, 2 scoops daily and Vitamin C 1000 MG as well as Lemon bioflavinoids. I have felt pretty good since November. Many of us are on low sodium diets and it is not the end of the world though you are pretty much going to have to cook for yourself. You can find great recipes on the net if you Google low sodium. Some members on here are not sodium sensitive. You will figure it out. The one thing I still have is tinnitus but it is manageable. The disease caused me to lose low range hearing in my Meneires ear, and the ear seemed to adapt by adding tinnitus. If the tinnitus is not too loud, you can adjust to that as well. Hang in there and see if you see some improvement.

3. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi Sarmine Bee. So sorry to hear you are going thru all this. We all have had really low points along the way but various treatments have given some relief to many of the members here. I am on the JOH regime, lysine, bioflavonoids etc. i am on this regime six months plus and it has certainly lowered my tinnitus and given me relief from the constant dizziness i had. I also went to a chiropractor and i think that may have helped also? Some folks here got relief from anti virals and some with Accupuncture. I certainly think the lysine helped me but take enough as per the JOH regime and give it time. I know i had really bad days in the past where i wondered if i could go on but im so happy i did as my life is much better now. Hang in there and keep taking the lysine. S

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Don’t check out. Don’t give up. Menieres fluctuates. There is good ahead. Maybe some bumps, but good ahead. Don’t be overwhelmed. I have taken it hour by hour before. I have enjoyed years of not thinking about it much. Don’t do anything permanent for a temporary problem. Things will change, no doubt about it. Read on here. There are so many angles to think about and so many paths to take. None of them are overnight.
    This forum is extremely valuable. So many have found lasting answers, some are still experimenting. Take a deep breath, sit on the couch, and dive in to these threads. You’ll see it all. Ask questions. We are all here for you, we know where you are at. It sucks. There is lots to try!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    I believe for me, and so many others, it indeed is the cause. I'm on a similar regimen to Wendy above and I have felt really good since October. For months prior to that I could barely get out of bed most days.

I recommend you purchase a good notebook and document everything. Everything you eat, drink, ingest. Your sleeping hours, exercise routines. Mostly, your different treatments. You can discover what works and use it to increase your number of good days.

Hang in there, Bee.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Sarmine Bee

Sarmine Bee New Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Thank you all I've been kind of just taking it slow.

Right now like I said I've only had the one experience with the vertigo. And from reading this form that's the biggest thing that I'm really afraid of The tinnitus and the fullness I can deal with I don't know But the first time I did get a little bit of it I was super duper scared. But since I haven't had the severe world spinning "oh my God I'm going to throw up vertigo" that you guys have been describing, I'm wondering if I may have caught it soon enough. I'll try and get some proper lipoflavonoids, I just got what was available and what people told me had good results.

I'm just trying to get into my doctor so I can get some prescription herpes medication and see if that just knocks it right out. I'm hoping beyond hope that that just knocks it right out, but I've been wrong before about everything so.. thank you so much for all of your encouragement I really appreciate it I've been taking in the site I've been looking at all of your experiences and y'all are really really strong.

I'm finally getting to real adulthood and now I've got a disease to deal with, my 30th birthday this year is going to be super duper fun.

7. Sarmine Bee

Sarmine Bee New Member

Feb 18, 2020
    Sorry I have one more question, so since I started the lycine My affected ear has just been really really hot. What does that mean? It's like the inside of my ear.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Bee, I'm sorry you have found yourself in this rocky boat.

I would suggest that the first thing you do is find a good otologist, otolaryngologist or neurotologist to get a proper diagnosis.

An otologist/neurotologist deals with diseases that affect the ears, balance system, temporal bone, skull base and related structures of the head and neck and know the basic sciences of hearing, balance, nerve function and the anatomy of the head and neck. They have had more training than the regular ENT.

Hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness, tumors and malformations of the ear are some of the things they treat.

After you have a diagnosis, then you will be able to better learn how to treat it.

Did your ENT actually give you a diagnosis of Meniere's? I doubt he thought that is what you are suffering from, as he would not have told you he hoped it would go away in a month or so. Once you have Meniere's, you're always going to have it, although there are many things you can do to treat it, including surgeries.

A hot sensation inside your ear is not typical of Meniere's.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Like Teesdale said, write everything down on her post, plus your syptoms, severity, time/dates. This becomes important when explaining what is happening to your Dr. after you find a oto neuro doc that actually listens to you. It took three years and three Dr's before i scored one that actually started trying to solve my most severe symptoms which were the dizzy and severe vertigo. In my case, Migrainne Associated Vertigo (MAV) proved to be the diagnosis that made a difference. I've been vertigo free 7 months since beginning treatment and dizzy free 4-5 months since fine tuning the med and Buchholz diet. My point in my ramble is it may take time to figure it out, but you will figure it out.

30? I remember 30. That was a few days ago. Now I'm 62.