1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I Refuse To Give Up My...

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Autumninthefall, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    During the middle of this pandemic, I realize I have my priorities straight. Did I stockpile the Mount Everest of toilet paper? No! Do I have enough hand sanitizer to bathe? Why would I bathe in hand sanitizer? Also, no! Then what DO I have plenty of, you may ask?

I decided that if I need to stay at home, I WILL have my morning coffee. I now have enough coffee to last at least six months. Much of this was chocolate flavored coffee.

So, anyone else care to share what they refuse to go without, especially now?

*Note-If you say, "toilet paper," please include your address so that those of us who did not hoard toilet paper may show up at your house and steal your toilet paper when you're not home, should it prove *necessary;)*

• Like Like x 3
  2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Meaningful relationships, basic nutrients & services aside, I'm willing to go without a great deal if need be.

If men & women before me can spend years abroad nursing the wounded, or embedded in dank & frigid, barb wire clad, highly exposed & hostile, Spanish flu infested trenches, then I need not lament sparse cupboards.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Will to conquer depression. When I was in my teens and 20's, suicide was always on the table. Now I don't think about ending, but I'm much worse off than back then. So if I'm going to live out the rest of my life, I'd better get it together. Because another 25 years of this will be intolerable unless I fix it.

OK, that was way too heavy.

Right, let's stick with toilet paper. I've always had a preppers mentality. People used to come to my house and tease me about the amount of toilet paper I'd always have. Welp, they ain't laughing at the Puppster now are they!!!

I've got lots of guns and ammo too, in case things totally collapse. In that scenario you'll have gangs trying to ransack your home and do bad things to your mouth. I've got my ladder set up so for quick access to my roof. On your roof with some riffles and boxes of ammo is where you'll want to be in that scenario. Windows are all that separate us from home invaders. I don't understand why metal window bars weren't part of home construction from the very beginning.

• Like Like x 1
  4. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I will not give up...

Coloring and straightening my hair. Even though no one other than my husband is seeing me, I still have to see myself in the mirror. Seeing nasty gray roots and bad hair just makes me feel worse than I already do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Somewhere between depression & pandemic lurks a taboo.

Seldom is it spoken of, & those who experience it often feel embarrassed or ashamed to articulate it—while they find the collective predicament frightening, & refrain from minimising the suffering it brings, a significant subset of humanity find themselves in their element during times of crisis. Discovering perhaps for the first time, the best version of themselves.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I refuse to give up my faith. This too shall pass.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    Ladder really is an excellent idea. I know an entire family whose lives were saved because of one. They got it to teach fire safety to their kids for a home school lesson. House fires would be exactly why bars on windows are a terrible idea. Pupper...get a pupper if you want to deter creeps. The bigger, the better! Do make sure the animal only looks scary, my friend ;) Now is a great time to help out animal shelters by fostering, since none are open. They're desperate, and can use all of the help they can get.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    That's a good one! Sadly, I'm still happy letting my hair air dry. I believe my hair's mantra is, "I will not be tamed."

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    Are you okay, redwing?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Yes I am thank you for checking. I think the negativity in the world brings me down sometimes along with lack of sunshine. I just need to remind myself what is happening in the world today is temporary and better days ahead. How are you doing?

11. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    As long as you are OK with it, that's all that matters.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paula hamlin

Paula hamlin New Member

Apr 26, 2020
    Raleigh, NC
    I am with ya! Colored my hair twice already since this started and cut it myself twice too!

• Like Like x 1