1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Menierian since 6 y/o

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by DizzyKid, Jun 27, 2020.

1. DizzyKid

DizzyKid New Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Hello everyone! First I just wanted to say how excited I am that I found a forum like this. It's comforting knowing that I'm not the only one dealing with these issues, and with something like Menieres, it can feel isolating and upsetting at times when others don't understand what you're going through -- especially during an attack!

I wanted to start this forum because I wonder if there are any others that suffered from Menieres starting at a young age like me. I always see discussions and articles about how it affects people later in life but I've had attacks ever since I was 6. I remember spending hours crying because my head was spinning and I would fall asleep and wake up with vertigo full in effect. Tinnitus was less of an issue growing up, but recently it has gotten more frequent and the vertigo still persists. As a kid it was hard, and now being 24, I wonder if anyone else felt these attacks at a young age too.

Also, any advice for a struggling college kid dealing with this would be great too! A lot of the medications and procedures are so expensive that it makes me lose hope at times but I'm still staying strong. Currently on a low sodium diet and haven't had an attack in two months.

Thank you!

2. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Were you ever officially diagnosed? What kind of tests or treatments were you given at six years of age?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. DizzyKid

DizzyKid New Member

Jun 27, 2020
    I was never officially diagnosed since the doctors could never figure out what was wrong. I've had MRIs / CT scans done so I know it's not a neurological issue. When I got older I started to look up my symptoms and they all match perfectly with Menieres: vertigo attacks that last for hours, tinnitus in the right ear, random attacks etc.

I've ruled out BBPV as the recommended maneuvers don't seem to have any effect on me, and from what I've read vertigo attacks from BBPV tend to subside quickly, while mine typically last for hours/days.

Hopefully in the future I'll be able to afford a trip to an ENT and maybe get some professional advice!

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    The fact that they have not done more tests leaves many doors open that you should discard before you settle for living like this. If you have read this forum I suppose you have already seen several possible causes:

-Virus: Try the JOH or monolaurain or antiviral regimen (Valtrex).

-Vitamin B5 and B6: Several people have been served breakfast without salt taking 100mg of B5 and B6. Those who worked noticed improvement a week and most in a month was much better.

-Cervicales: Taking into account that you started at 6 years old, unless you had a severe blow to the head or neck, it is rare. But if the cervicals are wrong they can block the blood supply to the ears and cause symptoms.

-Gluten intolerance: Ask the doctor or follow a strict gluten-free diet for 3 months to find out.

-Thyroid diseases: They can affect the immune system and white blood cells attack healthy cells in other tissues such as the inner ear.

-Allergies: They can cause inflammation in the inner ear.

-Iron anemia.

-Jaw problems.

-Misplaced wisdom teeth that put pressure on the nerve.

-Fungi or bacteria can also cause this, but nobody here has ever commented on how to find out or confront this cause. It's not usually the most common cause, from what I read it only occurs in people who often wet their ears (swimmers or people who fill their ears with water in the shower I guess). I believe that monolaurin is effective against fungi and bacteria, although not against all the types that exist, of course, that does not exist in medicine or supplements.

I have been reading and looking for cases of people with meniere who cured him in different ways since February. For now that is the compilation that I have.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DizzyKid

DizzyKid New Member

Jun 27, 2020
    Thanks for sharing all the info you've compiled! I've seen a couple of these during my research but I guess the only way to know for sure is to see an ENT and have them diagnose me as they see fit. I started the JOH regimen earlier this week too with added vitamin D and B6 just to cover all my bases. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1