1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Anyone here tried these ear plugs that claim to help with tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by April55, Sep 12, 2020.

1. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Calmer® This link appeared on my FB page and these ear plugs claim to reduce tinnitus and improve the garbled sound that I have in my left ear. I have not had any vertigo since June 2018 after using JOH since August 2016 (still using it) but my hearing has not improved at all in that ear. Word recognition is bad and the tinnitus never ends or eases up. Has anyone here heard of these or tried them? Thanks for any stories of good or bad with this product. I hope it is ok to put the link to the web site. I am not trying to promote this as I had never even heard of it before.

2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    You don't need to buy these, you can use regular gummy tips from the in ear headphones. See attached picture. It helps coping with the pressure in my ears and garbled sound, but not with tinnitus. There was a time when I couldn't live and work without them and I am always carrying it with myself.

Attached Files:

3. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    By means of counterstimulation?

4. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Maybe. With these earplugs I am not noticing ear pressure like without them and it's way more bearable in bad days

5. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Oh thank you so much! I have some around the house I am sure I can find to try it out. I have a hearing aid I don't wear because it just makes the garbled noise louder and doesn't do anything for word recognition.

Everyone here is so helpful. :)

6. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Tinnitus originates from the inner ear which is part of our brain so how could an ear plug be beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Hi. Have you gone to the audiologist with this problem to have them adjust your hearing aid?

8. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I do know that fact about tinnnitus but was hoping maybe the special ear device would bring the sound into my ear in a different manner that might clear up word recognition or something. I don't care too much about help with tinnitus but of course everyone affected by it is looking for solutions.

9. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I have been back 4 times for adjustments. They just turn it up louder. Doesn't clear up distortions at all. Thanks for your input. I appreciate all the advice I can get.

10. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I am sad to know that. Music is always distorted for me. My audiologist said he can program my HAs and maybe clear up some of that. Hope you find something that will help.

11. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    I hope you can get your HA's adjusted enough to enjoy music again. This problem has almost ruined it for me. I still listen but the expensive sound system is wasted on these ears. Or at least on the left one.