1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Magnesium glycinate

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sandra005, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I have magnesium glycinate 400mg 2 in the morning and 2 at night. I was suffering with insomnia and horrible dizziness when laying down. This makes me feel relaxed and I sleep like a baby. I forgot to take it the other night and was up all night! It works for me. Please try it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Are you saying that you take a total of 400 mgs (2 pills=400 mgs), and you take 400 mgs in the morning and then again in the evening before bed? Or that you take a total of 400 mgs all day (1 pill times 4 = 400 mgs). I just want to be clear. I current take 225 mgs in the evening and I haven’t noticed anything, but perhaps if I up the dosage, it will help.

3. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I take a total of 400mg. So 200mg in the morning and 200mg an hr before bed.
    Mine come in a bottle of 100mg so I take 4 a day.
    I was speaking to someone from another site who told me she has permanent vertigo and she takes this with vitamin d and calcium.
    Sorry for late reply I didn't see this message

4. Sandra005

Sandra005 Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Make sure you eat with them even if something little

5. Kat

Kat New Member

Aug 1, 2020
    I take 500mg of magnesium oxide daily. I've tried it to see if it would help vertigo. Definitely helps my endometriosis. Not quite sure of vertigo yet, but I have no side effects so maybe it's worth continuing.

6. eveva

eveva Member

Jul 30, 2020
    I take Magnesium glycinate chelate less dosage than you. I thought it helps to absorb calcium since I have osteoporosis. I did not know it helps to sleep. I take Melatonin every night to follow sleep. But if I wake up in the middle of the night and start worry about become dizzy, I can't follow back to sleep and spend hours

7. Sheri from Houston

Sheri from Houston New Member

Sep 17, 2020
    Magnesium glycinate has been a godsend for me. My doctor prescribed Magnesium Oixide 1st, but it did nothing for me. I take 1000 MG of magnesium glycinate every night. That dosage has not prevented attacks for me, but has reduced my attack duration drastically. It cut my 2-4hr drop attacks to 10-15mins (all attacks were drop attacks). Then I added 16mgs of betahistine 2xday. Now my attacks are only a couple mins and with vestibular rehab I can now remain standing and can see straight during an attack, but can feel the spinning in my head. Since joining this group a week ago, I've started a treatment of Acycolvir, begun JoH treament and added the recommended amount of B6 I should take according to Benny. I'm currently in the 3wk 3xs a day of Acycolvir and if I take JoH recommended amount of L-Lysine I'm very dizzy. I might wait to up the dosage of L-Lysine once I'm tapering down on the Acycolvir. I'm extremely grateful for the relief the magnesium glycinate and betahistine has provided but really want that pot at the end of the rainbow.....of symptom free living or as closing to it as possible.

• Like Like x 1
  8. eveva

eveva Member

Jul 30, 2020
    I take Chelated Magnesium glycinate from Solgar for several years. It helps to absorb Calcium from food. So I don't need to take any Ca pills. What effect from Mg you have? And what brand do you use? For me, in order to get 400 mg, I need to swallow 4 pills. It's not that easy to find a good Mg glycinate. Thanks, eveva

9. Sheri from Houston

Sheri from Houston New Member

Sep 17, 2020
    I haven't noticed any issue from taking the Mg. I did notice that if I'm having a couple cocktails, I would need to take an extra Mg in the morning. My doctor told me the magnesium is quickly depleted with alcohol. This is the one I take. I really don't think there is much difference between glycinate and gluconate.

10. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    For two weeks I have been taking pills that have 500mg of magnesium (of various types), calcium (500gm) and potassium (I don't remember the amount, but little). I take two pills a day, one after walking for an hour or running for 20-30 minutes and another before sleeping along with melatonin. Since then I feel more energetic, but also more relaxed and sleep more deeply at night.

11. Lynne

Lynne Member

Oct 18, 2022
    California
    I took magnesium glycinate (sp) before bed w/o food. I couldn’t sleep and my stomach was in severe pain.

12. eveva

eveva Member

Jul 30, 2020
    So what the word of wisdom: Magnesium Glycinate or Gluconate? I take 500 mg Mg Glycinate Chelated at supper time. And what is a good dosage for female 65+?

I have no attacks after JOH treatment for three years. But recently I am reacting on weather changes and luck of sleep with serious dizziness. Age ?? or condition of blood vessels? It also can be Amlodipine 5 mg, which I take to control blood pressure, or some supplements. I am still guessing what is the reason.

Also I've learned that my B6 in blood went too high, so I stopped B5/B6 100mg, switched to B-complex 50mg.
    Still B6 is high. I think I will stop any vit.B for 3 weeks. I read that it's good to make 3 weeks brake periodically in taking any vitamins/supplements. Any opinions on that?