1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What are you listening to?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Nathan, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I like your musical taste Nathan :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    The All-American Rejects~My Paper Heart

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  4. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    I present:

I challenge you to listen to Disco Duck, my friend. Bonus points if you get your dance on ::silly grin::

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Mm, we'll need to quantify "bonus points". How many additional points exactly? An additional 10? An additional 50?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Rick Beato is incredibly interesting to listen to. His YouTube channel is simply superb. Here he explores one of my favourite songs, 'Weak & Powerless', by A Perfect Circle.

~ A Perfect Circle - Weak & Powerless ~

~ Rick's breakdown of Weak & Powerless ~

On a side, in addition to mainstream music apps such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Tidal, Soundcloud, & Google Play providing the capability to read & isolate multiple layers, I would love musicians to offer multi-track recordings, or the stems of their songs & albums. This would allow those willing to pay a slight premium the ability to isolate any one, or any combination of tracks: lead vocals, backup vocals, bass, drums, guitars et cetera.

I'm almost certain there would be a business model for it. I see no reason why there wouldn't be. I know I would be happy to pay more for the ability to isolate parts, or for the ability to form alternative combinations of parts.

7. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    +5 when dancing by yourself
    +10 when dancing in front of family/friends
    +100 when dancing in public(only you hear the song)
    -100,000 when dancing in public, blasting song to the chagrin of all present, while wearing mask but using only one earloop
    *+30,000 if in last scenario, in the middle of overzealous dancing you suddenly stop because, "Disco Duck," has given you the magical epiphany to use the other ear loop on your mask

Said bonus points are redeemable for a, "somebody give this guy a cookie!" exclamation at a time of your choosing.

*offer subject to change with or without notice, not valid in the US states except where and where not indicated: AL: we never give an explanation to outsiders, AZ: what did we do?, HI: possibly,but will be taxed to the hilt, nothing ever is in Puerto Rico and you know it, SC: because they weren't asked first, CA: yes but if you don't warn everyone in the state ahead of time regarding possible exposure to all carbon emissions, and carcinogens produced from the production of any clothing, audio media, or transportation worn at the time of said dance you will be fined and all bonus points will be null and void, TX: the Republic of Texas votes No, VA: we'll allow it, and we encourage you to move to our great state and speed* The other states may or may not allow an Aussie just because it's Wednesday at the time of this writing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'll pole dance to it, risquély, in a duck mask & speedos, & upload it to YouTube for 130,010.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    After having gathered the intel & analysed the data, to this equation I must add yellow flippers.

XXL yellow flippers, not only for apt visual effect, but for creating puzzling onomatopoetic sounds, such as whooshing & KER-FLAP KER-FLAP's.

10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  12. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    Sam Smith~To Die For

• Like Like x 1
  14. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    Strong Kylie Minogue/tinnitus/ear worm vibe

I just can’t get it out of my head...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Autumninthefall

Aug 10, 2019
    XXL Flippers?! You’ve got some clodhoppers, Nathan! I’d hate to know how much you spend on shoes. Should I start a flipper gofundme?;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Mm, to distance myself from potentially awkward, bumptiously phallic, unintended connotations, by "XXL flippers" I'm referring to fin or blade length, not foot pocket size. The extra extra long, dare I say, super floppy floppy blades distinguishing free-diving fins from short bodyboarding fins, so to add an element of magnificent clumsiness to the pole dance thang.

The longer the more clumsy. The more clumsy the better.

To be clear, I'm really not sure if the above removes the awkwardness, amplifies the awkwardness, or made an unawkward situation awkward.

Regardless, I feel as though it had to be said. I really, really don't want to be thought of as one of those guys who just loves informing the world of his "shoe size".

NSFW Onlyfans, for gender equity reasons.

… Just kidding.

17. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    ~ Chris Cornell - Moonchild & Sweet Euphoria ~

Side note, on paper Moonchild shouldn't be an excellent song to workout to, yet it is.

18. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I will try it. I have been in a bit of a funk with my workouts this past week. I miss going to the gym. I am up for trying anything. Thank you :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    You're welcome, Red. I hope you like it!

If at all helpful, when I'm struggling to find the motivation or enthusiasm to workout, whether at home or the gym, I do one of two things;

a) I reframe my apathy as my motivation. Which is to say I do my best to identify & isolate my apathy, mould it into a shape or colour, & then place it into a corner as a sort of contender.

I then imagine that every step I take while working out, or every repetition functions as a defensive counterpunch to my apathy's existence. The heavier the apathy, the more weight I place behind my metaphorical counterpunch (the more weight I place on the barbell or dumbbell, or the more resistance I place on the rowing machine).

This way you're never left looking for, or without stimulus to counter apathy with, but rather using apathy itself as the stimulus.

Alternatively, if you're inclinded to meditate, b) it is possible to apply meditation techniques during your workout.

For example, analogise apathy as a sort of dark & heavy mist, which at first glance seems ominous, solid, & monolithic, though offers no resistance when you simply decide, or become curious enough to walk through it.