1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Seasonal Vertigo vs Stress Induced Vertigo

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by BT1, Jan 10, 2021.

1. BT1

BT1 New Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Hi everyone! Posted my story a few weeks back as I am currently going through a patch of vertigo symptoms again this winter.
    All of my vertigo episodes have occurred between November and January and usually comes with 3-4 weeks of light symptoms + 1-2 full vertigo attacks during that time. I've never had
    vertigo episodes between Feb and October which seems like an important factor for me to consider.

However, also seem to have many other symptoms of stress induced as well. TMJ issues, night grinding, neck tightness, body clenching etc.

Just wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on Seasonal Vertigo vs Stress Induced Vertigo. Would love to try and learn more of what's happening with me.
    Thanks in advance!

2. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    After September it is impossible for the body to photosynthesize any vitamin D, except at midday, when the sun is at least 45 degrees into the sky. This can happen only in the southern tier of states. And, who's out in the midday sun, with bare, open skin, except on beaches?

Simply, Meniere's symptoms can be caused by reduced immune system function, when vitamin D levels are low. This can inhibit the immune system's suppression of viral activity. Viruses active in the inner ear can inflame tissues there, causing Meniere's symptoms.

After checking with your doctor (standard recommendation for everything), try popping a 5000IU softgel of vitamin D-3 each day and see what happens. If that doesn't stop the Meniere's symptoms, it will very much reduce your chances of getting COVID-19, colds, and flues. (2000IU

• Like Like x 1
  3. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    is an insufficient dose. Takes at least 5000IU, continuing, each day, not for just a few days or weeks).

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  4. BT1

BT1 New Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Thank you very much JOH for your response. Always appreciate your insight and knowledge. Definitely has been a little different for me this year vs previous years. The newest symptom for me has included a weird type of "brain fog" that makes me feel as if an attack is about to happen, however it passes within an hour or so.
    It almost feels as though I'm not present and my brain is cloudy making it very difficult to concentrate. Very strange feeling.

Thanks again. Always appreciated.

5. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Stress is stress whether it be pollen or tension at work. It adds to weight on the immune system. I think you have found a very important clue. Keep a diary if you can, where you go, what you do, pollen count reports, bringing plant material or animals the house, you name it, be a good observer and write it down. Write down you symptoms each day too. Then look back each week and month to see if you see a pattern.
    I had great success with allergy testing and shots. You may learn a lot on your own since you have this huge clue already. FWIW, i always had outstanding vit D levels. My husbands were terrible. Depends on the person. You can get that tested. I lived in an area of low sunshine but i also never wear sunscreen.

6. Jimii

Jimii Member

Apr 10, 2019
    BT1,

You are the opposite of me. I first got severe vertigo attacks in 2019. Started in April and ended in mid/late Sept. Perfect through the winter, as in no issues at all, even hearing came back.
    2020 it started again in April, and didn't end (well it hasn't ended yet) until around November.
    I started the JoH regimen in mid Oct. because I couldn't take it anymore.
    We will see come April if it is really seasonal or the regimen is the cause for success.

I told my Dr. about it and he was considering allergy testing.

Jim