1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hearing Aid and Vertigo improved?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rhall, May 4, 2021.

1. Rhall

Rhall New Member

Sep 28, 2020
    I have been trialing my hearing aid (for my left ear) for about 2 weeks now. I have noticed that my vertigo has improved. Not totally gone but definitely better. Just wondering if it's a coincidence or if has really helped.

2. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    Does the hearing aid help with your hearing, or just the vertigo? I’ve lost 100% comprehension in my left ear along with a 60% hearing loss. I tried a hearing aid against the advice of my ENT and he was right. It didn’t help, and was a waste of $2,000.
    I am considering a BICROS hearing aid, I am just not sure that the benefit outweighs the cost.

3. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Hearing aids amplify sound—that’s it. If the sound you are hearing before aids is distorted and pitch shifted, aids will only enhance that and make it worse. I have a CROS set and it works well when my “good ear” doesn’t have issues, but when it’s acing up with cochlear hydrops, it’s useless. Still training the cochlear implant and not there yet with it.

Hope this helps and best of luck!
    —Kevin

4. Rhall

Rhall New Member

Sep 28, 2020
    It's definitely helping my hearing for sure, I've noticed that although the vertigo is still there - I have to watch myself on stairs etc but it definitely isn't as prevalent as before. I was taking my Serc 2x daily but I've gone to once daily now. There are so many factors that can affect vertigo as you know. I certainly don't have vertigo to the degree that I know some members experience it. I usually just feel like I'm walking on a boat. That feeling seems better to me after using my aid for a few weeks.

5. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    4 pairs for me took them all back discussed in another thread