1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Someone with Meniere in one ear and tinnitus in the other for years?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanNew, Jul 9, 2021.

1. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    I have complete meniere in my right ear and mild discontinuous tinnitus in my left ear. I wanted to know if anyone has had this and been this way for years to see if I have at least a modicum of hope of retaining hearing in my left ear for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Yes I do. It started in my left ear which is the bad ear, then moved to the right ear. My right ear has objectively normal hearing according to the audiograms, but there is a borderline loss at low frequencies. The left ear has a mild to moderate loss at low frequencies 250hz and 500hz. The right ear began to ring about a year after the left.

• Like Like x 1
  3. arcticblueice

arcticblueice Member

Aug 12, 2018
    I do as well. I have had bilateral Ménières since 2015. it started in my left ear and moved into my right ear. As a result, I have lost 25% of the hearing in my left ear and 90% in my right ear. Permanent tinnitus has set in on my right side from the hearing loss. I have my hearing tested every year to have my hearing aids adjusted. I am happy to still have 75% of hearing on one side and it has been holding steady for nearly the last three years. I’m in my early 50’s so I try to make the best of it but did have to take early retirement from a great paying job because of the stress. I make 40% less now but have zero stress and this makes it easier to manage the symptoms for this wretched disease.
    Good luck to you, keep fighting the good fight. Today is not forever…

4. No thanks

No thanks Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Full menieres in my right ear with profound HL; increasing tinnitus in my left ear. Hoping that it doesn’t progress from here.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    How many years have you been with only tinnitus in your healthy ear?

Thanks!