1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
John of Ohio

JOH (John of Ohio) Regimen for Meniere's Disease details

1. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Thank you i will do all this and report back

much appricated

2. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    Hi. I'm new and jumping in here.....I thought I had read something about celery juice or is that a different regime?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    That's essentially a different regimen, but still based on the belief that Menieres is rooted in a viral infection. That treatment is based on dietary changes to interrupt replication of the virus, with celery juice as a nutritional cornerstone of the treatment.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  4. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    thank you

5. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Look up the book Medical Medium, Cleanse yo Heal. It outlines the cleanse and diet. There is overlap between it and the JOH regimen plus A LOT of other supplements. I did it for a few months with celery juice but I ultimately decided to focus my energy, money, and overall efforts on what I believe to be more proven tactics.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    thank you!

7. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    what do you believe are the more proven tactics?

8. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    So far so good, tinnitus down back to low level pre viral infection and no attacks since

magnesium will be a staple

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    In short, treatments that help suppress viral replication. Second, I try to remove or minimize foods and lifestyle choices that cause me to retain fluid and cause inflammation. A balanced, healthy diet goes a long way to doing this. Less salt (less processed foods), minimal caffeine, less alcohol, less gluten and dairy. Regardless of Menieres these are positive changes for my general health.

I can only take so many things before all I'm doing is planning my day around supplements and eating. I can only afford so much. Celery juice for me was an item that's much less proven and therefore I dropped it.

10. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    thanks again. I do the same with diet. But what are the treatments you mention that help suppress viral replication?

11. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    If am taking the Joh regieme my diet becomes alot less important

12. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    I take the full JOH regimen, plus Pine Bark Extract. I'm also on 3g/daily of Valacyclovir.

I've been on JOH almost 4 months now and the Valacyclovir for 5 weeks.

13. KathyH

KathyH Member

Mar 22, 2023
    thank you. Did your doctor prescribe valacyclovir?

14. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Yes. It took a lot of convincing to the point that I think my GP did it because I was going to get it no matter what.

15. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I take lysine 6000 mg/day, i already have 2 years with the regimen. should i low the lysine dose? John can you update the list if it necessary with the new supplement that i been reading here like vit k-2, magnesium ...

• Like Like x 1
  16. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    If you have no symptoms, while taking 6000mg of lysine per day, you can go down to 3000mg. If after a few weeks no symptoms, go down to 2000mg. After a lengthy period of no symptoms (say a year or so), you can probably stop the lysine altogether.

To really support the immune system and its ability on its own to suppress viruses of all types, take 5000IU of vitamin D-3 each day, along with 300 to 400 mg of magnesium (I prefer the magnesium as magnesium citrate or magnesium threonate; not magnesium oxide). Lastly, vitamin K-2. This is the one I take: https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-k2-100-mcg-mk-7-16-mg-nattokinase

--John of Ohio

17. Jonny_rotten

Jonny_rotten New Member

Dec 20, 2022
    Great advice, do you find anything helps with tinnitus? Mine seems random

some days i wont hardly notice it other day its roaring!

18. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020

thank you!!

should I continue taken the other supplements also? like the msn,lemon ribofla.., vicenpontice...?

19. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    If you have no meniere's symptoms, you can stop the supplements you mentioned. But for the immune system, take the vitamins d-3 and k-2 and the magnesium. But if any symptoms begin to occur, go right back on the regimen immediately.

--John of Ohio

20. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Hi John, for dosing that much vitamin D-3, in your opinion, should it spread across the day or is one dose fine?