1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Tagament

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lindy56, Sep 3, 2014.

1. Lindy56

Lindy56 New Member

May 13, 2014
    This is interesting.

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2001/mar2001_report_tagamet_1.htm

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    How would this apply to Menieres Disease?

3. Vicki

Vicki Guest

wow that is interesting, thanks for posting that. It applies to MM if your MM is caused by an HSV and HSV weakens the immune system which aggravates the MM symptoms. Many feel MM happens because of a weakened immune system to begin with..

4. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Anybody around here ever been on tagamet. Probably not. If they were on Tagamet they wouldn't be around here.

5. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    No, thanks for the info.

6. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    What does that mean?

7. Gustav123

Gustav123 Is it great yet?

May 12, 2014
    Interesting and I remember finding similar info years ago in my endless search for relief. I do remember trying this to no avail but I doubt I used an effective dose.

8. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Did you read the original OP?

9. Intrepid

Intrepid Be original

May 17, 2014
    I took it to mean that if they are on this product then perhaps they are feeling well enough to not frequent this forum anymore.

10. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014

I feel great but I am still here. Many of the people here have found what works for them and stick around to share what worked for them. I would think if someone had success with Tagamet they would do the same.

11. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Again, not everyone has the same vestibular disorders.

I don't understand why posters can't grasp that, what works for your PARTICULAR vestibular order, will not work for someone with a different vestibular disorder.

12. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014

I think everyone grasps that. I was asking why people who have success with Tagamet would not share that while people who have success with other things would. Tagamet is reputed here to combat viruses. Several other things that have successfully suppressed viruses are discussed by people who are now enjoying reduced or eliminated symptoms. My question is not what works but why santa thinks someone would not report success with tagamet.

13. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Same with me I have my symptoms under control and I am still here as with other members who have their symptoms under control. I am pretty sure if someone had success with Tagamet they would post about it and possibly stick around as some of us have to share their experiences with new comers to these forums.

14. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    I'm sorry, I know My writing is confusing sometimes.

What I meant is............ according to the article if someone was on tagamet for heartburn then they never would have developed MM symptoms. Therefore would not be clued in to this forum. They wouldn't even know of MM or have a reason to find out how to deal with MM.

Of course if someone had MM first and then cured it with Tagamet then they/or at least we all think they would be on here and everywhere else they could possibly be....... shouting, "I have found a Cure for MM!!!"

15. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I find the article very interesting about how it boosts the immune system. I might look into that.

16. Lulu

Lulu Member

May 12, 2014
    That was a very interesting article. Thanks for sharing it with us Lindy.

My PCP had me on prescription Tagamet for chronic stomach ulcers before I was diagnosed with MM. This was before they started prescribing antibiotics for ulcers. I was on it for a little while after being diagnosed too. Can't say I noticed any difference in my symptoms but maybe I wasn't on a strong enough dosage or taking it long enough for it to have any effect.

If you find anymore info I'd love to read it Vicki. I noticed the date on this article was March 2001. Maybe there are some more recent studies that have been conducted?

17. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Oh, now I get it. Thanks!

18. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I did some searching on Tagamet and HSV, I did not find any recent trials on it only ones from the late1990's and early 2000's. But I read many posts on HSV forums and some people who tried it said it worked for them BUT I read its not a good drug to take long term and it interacts with many other drugs including acyclovir and Valtrex.

If I come across anything else I will post.

19. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Thanks for doing the legwork. It's always 'push down here, pop up there' isn't it ?

20. Lindy56

Lindy56 New Member

May 13, 2014
    I posted it because I had a problem this past week taking Anitvirals. I was experimenting to see if taking antivirals would help my ear disease. So reading online I am looking for alternatives. I believe the article refers to a woman with shingles it help. So for me maybe an option to try. Who knows what might help someone. My ear doctor for a long time wouldn't prescribe antivirals he didn't think it was connected now he does. I know people can come up with all kinds of magical thinking and odd things they think helps and then it doesn't. I have a lot of involvement with my stomach and ear problems. So maybe I found it more interesting.