1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

This week just stinks I need a hug

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Karenplus8, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    I am having constant fullness in my left ear that is sometimes painful. I can't walk fast I can't drive or I get nauseated. My right ear is starting to bother me. I can't hear and when I ask my husband or kids what did you say they don't hear me or they say never mind or they go just talking to my self. I want to smack them!!! I can't wear my hearing aids until I get them adjusted because I get a migraine I can't get them adjusted until I get my Costco membership back. Yesterday a kid put my grandson's carseat in the doorway (off to the side) and I hit the wall lost my balance and tripped on it did a header into the floor scraped both my knees banged my head on the chair I tried to catch my self on and hurt my wrist. Reinjured my tennis elbow and twisted my right ankle. Today I wanted to be with my family so I though well we can watch a movie or do projects or something. So my husband go outside with the loudest FREAKIN tools and ruins the yard play. My nephew comes over and takes off with my older two boys and my two girls are playing a game on the pcs. So I cut out a hoodie alone and worked on a quilt alone on Thanksgiving. :-X Am I missing something or can someone just shoot me!

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Karen, for me I have issues with Sinus and a lot of times it is near my "bad" ear. I take the Mucinex max strength (not the D version as it gives me headaches) and use Zicam Extreme Sinus gel nasal spray. Those two seem to clear it up. Also for my times if I am off balance (not full vertigo) Meclizine worked well to help stabilize me.

Also try some warm compresses around your left ear - I sometimes go to sleep with that during "these" times.

3. Santa

Santa Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

4. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    KP, that is awful, (((((hugs))))) to you..

If you are falling over have you thought about using a walker or even an electric wheelchair? Don't let this shit steal your life.

There is a lady in a support group here in Atlanta named Joanie, I have tried to get her to come on here for 2 years. She is 71 years old, she has had bilateral mm since she was 19 years old. Finally at age 62 she got a double laby and now uses a walker in the house but has an electric wheelchair for outdoor use and now all she does is travel. She was telling the group last Tuesday since her second operation and Cochlear Implant she has visited 13 countries on 4 continents and was leaving for a Carribean cruise for Thanksgiving.

Be safe and don't let this shit win!!!
    Get your life back no matter what it takes!!!!

((((Hugs))))

5. Nickyschick

Nickyschick Member

May 13, 2015
    I'm sorry you had such a crappy day.... I hate this disease.... Sending you lots of hugs....

Here's a funny for ya -- We went to my BF's grandparent's house for T-giving yesterday. I brought a grilled chicken salad with me to eat ( and I make my own low sodium tangy honey mustard dressing) and I figured I would just eat that and have a couple pieces of turkey - since I wasn't cooking I definately couldn't contain the sodium content in any of the food and that is one of my biggest triggers for a vertigo attack -- anyway - it was in a tupperwear container - clearly not enough for 25 people - LOL -- My BF's grandmother takes the tupperware container - pours the dressing all over it ( which was WAY more than I needed I was just too lazy to pour it into another) and mixes it all up and throws some tongs in it and throws it on the table. LOL -- His mom started laughing and took it and poured it out on my plate and hid the container. I don't think his grandmother even noticed - but we got a good chuckle out of it.

6. Cjbeau

Cjbeau Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Hugs! Hope today is better.

7. Sweet hugs!

Hope today is a better day.

8. Karenplus8

Karenplus8 Active Member

May 12, 2014
    ohio
    Yes today was better. I am not dizzy all the time anymore its in spurts at the most unfortunate times. It is getting to me. I haven't fallen again but I feel like I was hit by a car from the fall I did have. Emotionally I am better. Just venting to people who get it makes me feel better thanks!

9. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    [​IMG]

I can certainly understand..

Can't edit, but do hope the :group hug: shows up!

10. Vicki

Vicki Guest

HUGS!

11. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    ((((( HUGS )))))

12. Lisa

Lisa Member

Mar 21, 2015
    HUGS to you!!! Hope your feel better

13. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    I feel for you--it does help to 'vent' here doesn't it? Folks here understand and offer suggestions and lots of support. I want to ad mine to theirs--do hope you feel better soon.
    God Bless! yanksgirl

14. hopefulstill

hopefulstill Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Hugs. I understand. I had a really bad fall 2 weeks ago, hit my head pretty hard. I am now constantly on a rocking boat. I was feeling so good at about 3 months of the anti-viral. Now I don't feel like anything will help. Hugs to everyone here!!!!