1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Red Wine

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by hopefulstill, Jan 22, 2016.

1. hopefulstill

hopefulstill Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Has anyone here gotten to the point of being able to tolerate a glass of red wine daily? I haven't had red wine in about a year because of MM. I got my labs done and my triglycerides were way up and HDL down. I like the benefits of red wine.

2. yellow

yellow Member

May 13, 2014
    I share your enthusiasm for the benefits of red wine. I take 2 glasses a day as part of my Meniere’s medication regime. Only with food and as part of a balanced diet you understand...

3. Cjbeau

Cjbeau Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I enjoy red wine too. Since my symptoms have been calming down,I drink one glass a few times a week now. Cheers!

4. Jester

Jester Member

May 29, 2014
    I drink red wine regularly with dinner. It does not affect my MM at all, either good or bad. I've been in remission for a couple of years now.

5. serbian

serbian Member

Mar 25, 2015
    The red wine causes me a headache. The beer makes me pee too often. I don't like the smell of white wine.
    But I am fine with spirits. On occasions I take a shot or two of a fruit (plum, pear, apple, quince) brandy and have no consequences :)

6. Halos

Halos Member

May 21, 2014
    My doctor told me to drink lots of water and if I wanted to have an adult beverage then Red Wine was my best option.

7. imback

imback Member

Aug 8, 2014
    My doctor told me.to never have alcohol because it suppresses the cerebellum which is the body's main office for balance. I was told to keep that firing on all cylinders. But what ever works for you.

8. Rusty

Rusty New Member

May 15, 2014
    Milwaukee
    Once I got MM, I could get drunk on one drink, so that became my limit. It also made alcohol seem more affordable, so I drink better wine now.

Anyway, I only drink sitting down, normally with or after dinner. I find it muffles my tinnitus.