1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Put this in your crack pipe and think about it......

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    This past week a good friend of mine passed away in Florida--- god rest his should. Since it was Vanentine week my beautiful wife and I decided to stay a Few extra days and go to Naples, Fl. Her favorite wintertime getaway. BUT

I got very very sick, so I went to the urgent care and was diagnosed with Acute Bronchitis, Acute Sinustis and the one and only Strep Throat. It seems it happens every year at this time (weather changes ) ect.....

My wife went for the heavy shit, she called in 500 mg of amoxicillin twice a day for the strep and 500 mg of Ceftin twice a day for 10 days for the acute bronchitis and Sinustis.

Knowing I would need a heavy probiotic she called in a prescription only probiotoc that usually only oncologist have access to. I do not want to name it because it would be off limits without a prescription. So I called/emailed another friend who is a dietician in a cancer group and she told me to take a look at VLS3 so I did and have been on that for a week after the prescription probiotoc ran out.

Long story short, the remaining symptom from my laby was low grade tinnitus and during weather fronts a little pressure in the ear. BUT after taking the two antibiotics and the high grade probioocs/ VSL3 I have absolutely zero Tinnitus and pressure and we are getting low pressure fronts coming through.

Coincidence or maybe just maybe those two abx's broke through the stingy biofilm and cleared the last of the infection that caused my mm and gave me bronchitis, Sinustis and Strep.

Personally I am of the belief mm is caused by a sub clinical infection that the body cannot clear. What caused the infection, who knows? But it reared it's ugly head when my immune system was compromised and symptoms such as IBS, Colitus or even teeth ( root canals ect...)

Just my experience this week and if someone wants to tell me go fuck myself that's ok too, because I will just look forward to snuggling with my better half tonight.

Peace

2. Vicki

Vicki Guest

that's awesome BD! So glad it cleared your remaining MM symptoms and hope you feel better very soon. I heard of that probiotic before just cant recall where but since I take one every day I am going to look into that one for me.

Enjoy your cuddling time with your better half!!

3. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Very interesting! I remember that I had a positive effect on my MM symptoms when I took antibiotics once (the only time I've taken them in the years with MM). The improvement happened so fast that I was convinced it had to be a reaction to an inactive ingredient because it seemed too fast for the antibiotics to be killing a bacteria, but who knows.

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    It's an interesting concept.
    We need someone who just taking antibiotics and see how they do.
    A lot of different experiences would be interesting here.

Hope you're thinking of me...LOL

5. Maggie

Maggie Guest

That is interesting, bulldogs. I had dental surgery a while back, and was prescribed antibiotics for that. I felt better than usual with the aural fullness which is my constant companion, but didn't connect the two until I read this post. You may be on to something.

Sorry about your friend.

Maggie

6. Lisa

Lisa Member

Mar 21, 2015
    My first symptom with mm was extreme
    Fullness and declined hearing, my primary
    Drs asst gave me antibiotic incase it was from
    The infected tooth i had extracted. Told me to
    Follow up with an ent. I didn't take the antibiotic
    At first until one night the fullness drove me crazy
    So I took it , the fullness was gone within 10
    Minutes I was convinced it helped I took the antibiotic for another
    2 weeks then went on prednisone . I always
    Wondered if a strong antibiotic might help mm.

7. James

James ''Everywhere I go there I am'' GS

May 12, 2014
    Very curious. I too got good results when I went on antibiotics as well.Have always wondered if there is a link.

8. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    Possible. When I was first diagnosed with sinus issues it was found when they were doing a CT scan for Menieres to rule out anything else (CT was the best I could do since I can't have a MRI ever due to a medical device). It was found acute, chronic and whatever the 3rd one was. Meaning long standing. I was put on antiobiotics for a couple of months. But they didn't want to redo the CT scan to see if all of the infection was gone. Since then at least 1-2x a year I am on drugs for sinus infection so it is possible that those are helping keep the Meniere's at bay? Definite possibility of a link between infection and Menieres for sure...IMO.

9. Cjbeau

Cjbeau Member

Apr 8, 2015
    I put that theory in my crack pipe, took a deep hit, and agree with you Bulldogs. My mm started with a bad cold and outer ear infection. I was on several rounds of antibiotics that made me feel better each time. One or two weeks after being off the antibiotics my symptoms always came back with a vengeance.

10. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    BD, are you sure you didn't get something from a hooker? I hear Naples is a major party town!!!

11. Vicki

Vicki Guest

ok something occurred to me, this may have something to it or may be off the wall.
    I have a few friends I got to know from the forums who when taking an antibiotic their symptoms get a lot worse. The interesting part is they have both MM and MAV. So BD's post got me to thinking.

Could antibiotics make MAV worse yet make MM better?
    Could it be the antibiotics are affecting their MAV and not their MM?

Could antibiotics making your symptoms worse be an indicator that you have MAV?

or could it just be it depends on the antibiotic and some make MM worse and some make MM symptoms better.

Just me thinking out loud.

12. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I get much worse when taking antibiotics. And I definitely don't have MAV.

13. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LOL okay that theory down the drain.
    thanks Scott for clearing it up for me. :)

14. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I get worse with antibiotics.

15. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    I got better with anti-biotics and have both MM and MAV, though as I said I got better so quickly my guess was that I was reacting to an inactive ingredient.

16. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Though thought that was my wife, at least they had the same first name.
    Please don't tell me it wasn't

8)

17. Vicki

Vicki Guest

LOL BD You are a breath of fresh air :)

18. Res

Res New Member

May 3, 2016
    The first thing I looked at when I got tinnitus was Low Level Laser Therapy. One of the substances used in experiments to create a rodent model of tinnitus is endotoxin. Endotoxin can be produced by some (gram negative) bacteria in the gut. Other variables are ingested endotoxin, tissue permeability and rate of release. ABX could have lowered endotoxin by killing some bacteria, however you might expect an initial increase in endotoxin due to die off, I think endotoxin is a major part of Herx reaction. Some citrus flavonoids like naringenen protect from damage due to endotoxin once out of the GI system. I've tried some doxycycline recently and I think I had an increase in tinnitus at the same time, I stopped after a couple of doses.

19. upgrader

upgrader New Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I am of the same opinion, all my problems began after having an infected root canal that was left untreated for almost 2 years, maybe i need antibiotics to clear the last of the infection but dont think im going to have an easy time convincing the doctor of that

20. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    I can't believe BD is still smoking crack.