1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Pulmonary Hypertension diagnosis and possible intestinal issues going on

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Sep 7, 2017.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    ;) ;)
    A 3 day stay in the hospital over Labor Day! Throwing up and pain in the abdomen. Had Ct with dye and diagnosed as possible intestinal blockage. Well, after 7 hours of an NG tube (horrible pain in my throat the entire time! ) Another doctor came in--took it out and said he saw 'no blockage'.

But he suspected problems with emptying of my stomach in to the intestines--so I'm scheduled for a Gastric Emptying scan tomorrow. I've been on liquid to light diet since last Friday. Had an echo-cardiogram and that was the really bad news--if it's true (the Hypertension diagnosis)!

I've read up on it and it is bad, treatable if in early stages but seems a lot of tests coming to be sure.

I see my Ent next week--trouble with hearing issues, so on and on! Not a good week for sure.

Wondering if anyone here also deals with any of this, especially the Pulmonary Hypertension! If so, please let me know how you are doing and what tests, etc. you have had!
    Thank you. I am a bit overwhelmed right now! :(

2. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Yipes. That's a lot. I haven't had experience with those things, but just wanted to respond and send some good wishes to you.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Thanks, By the Bay! Need all the good wishes and prayers right now. :)

4. Nickyschick

Nickyschick Member

May 13, 2015
    Sending lots of prayers and good vibes your way!

5. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Sorry, don't have experience but will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hope you have some distraction - friends, hobbies like reading or needlework.

6. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Thanks everyone--I keep busy--but don't have hobbies. Do alot of picture taking and I guess you might say it's that. I do read just haven't much lately due to 'no good books' and I need to get some soon. And my newly operated on

Mostly of family.
    But I really am hoping for results from the test I had today for the stomach issues that sent me to the hospital. It's called a gastric emptying scan. Took 90 mins. and you eat eggs with something to make them show up on the screen as they leave the stomach--I was ready for that to be over.

Dry eggs after no water stuck in the esophagus--and that's painful, lasted 15 mins or so and toward the end of test my right lower abdomen began to have 'shooting pains'!

So--glad to be home and just had soup! :) Have a headache too. I know I have more tests of one kind or another facing me--and of course seeing my audiologist and Ent next week too. Just too much all at once. I'll make it though. Just have to take 'one day at a time'! :)
    ps: just got call--I have gastroperesis and will either get put on meds or have surgery! That was really quick--At least it can be helped! :)Seeing the doctor next Tues.