1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

AVs for 2 years, relapse or slight bump in the road?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gardengal, Aug 29, 2017.

1. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Speedyhaze,
    So sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Drugs.com says there are no known interaction issues with L-Lyzine. They also say that doesn't mean there aren't any. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist though not your local health food shop.

I wish you all the best in combatting this beast. You have to stay vigilant. I've had this for 27 years and it has certainly morphed into different symptoms which require different treatments. I'm currently on the A/V's and the JOH Vitamin Regimen. I also have seen chiropractors and do the face, jaw, and neck exercises posted on this site by Hiro.

I was so depressed just 3 months ago but ever since I have been feeling great and trying to make the best of every non-dizzy day. I credit the A/V's mainly because not only have the dizzies gone away since I've been taking them but my hearing has inexplicably improved.

Hang in there.

2. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I don't have any knowledge of the lysine statin connection, but trust your pharmacist on that.

If you talk to your doc about AVs, take these papers:

http://www.mm3admin.co.za/documents/docmanager/6e64f7e1-715e-4fd6-8315-424683839664/00056616.pdf

https://fhs.mcmaster.ca/otolaryngology/documents/recoveryofhearinginMeniresusingantiviraltreatment.pdf

3. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    Thank you so much for your support, I will definitely try the A/Vs route as so many people here have had success with them, to be honest I am happy to try anything at the moment. Will keep you posted on my progress.

4. Speedyhaze

Speedyhaze New Member

Jul 15, 2017
    Worthing United Kingdom
    Thanks for your advise, I will definitely do that when I finally get my appointment through although I am told it may be a long wait. Such a shame if there is a problem with Lysine and Statins as you speak so highly of the use of it, I am at least eating foods that are supposedly rich in Lysine but it's a bit difficult being a vegatarian. Thanks so much for your help.

5. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Symptoms again for the last day or 2. Probably will have vertigo today based on tinnitus and ear filling. So frustrating. I have been on the high dose of famvir for 4 weeks now. I know I am not missing doses bc I am using a pill box now. UGH.....

6. forevergrateful

forevergrateful Member

Feb 24, 2017
    sorry to hear "IT'S BACK". I totally understand. Hopefully it wont hit too hard. Pls keep us posted.

7. Irish lady

Irish lady New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    Hi Gardengal,

I know this is an old thread but I hope that you still see this. I have also had great relief from Famvir antivirals 750mg per day for several years. Previous to this I was disabled with daily attacks of vertigo, some drop attacks and violent spinning vertigo. I did reduce the dose down to 500mg after a couple of years but every now and then (6/8 month intervals) I would have to up this back to full dose for a few weeks as I would feel a hint of my symptoms coming back. This always seemed to work for me. I noticed in your post that you had a baby during your time in remission. Did you continue taking your antivirals during this time? I am now 9 weeks pregnant and my symptoms are rushing back with a vengeance. Dr. Gaceks opinion is that it should be quite safe to take a little w dose of famvir during my pregnancy but I would love to hear from others on the same position! I really hope that you once again found remission from this horrible disease.

8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hey Gardengal,
    How have things gone since this last post? I’m early in my antivirals but am considering procedures if they get offered, even if I do well for awhile on valtrex... so I’d really love to hear your update.
    Thanks
    AnneT

9. Joy Bannister

Joy Bannister New Member

Dec 17, 2018
    I've been following your thread and I'm just here to say I'm sorry and I know how you feel. This illness is really hard to explain to others and because we don't really understand it ourselves. It very frustrating and scary because when we're having a bad time we don't know when it will get better. When we feel good, life is great. Then bam, a setback changes everything. Hang in there and I wish you recovery from this flare up ASAP!

10. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    This is a super old thread, just reading through some old stuff. After my last post there I felt good for another year. Here and there some mild dizziness and fear, but no vertigo.

I am having another rough patch, for what feels like 6 months. I switched from Famvir to Valcyclovir (Northstar) bc Northstar quit making Famvir. I wasn’t feeling good on Famvir for about 2 months anyway. I have been on Val since Nov 27 2019. Still off most days. Getting a bit of a ramp up for the last week. No car rides, some loud pulsatile tinnitus. No vertigo yet.

11. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Be patient, Gardengal. It can take 2-3 months for the new A/V to kick in. Wishing you all the best!

• Like Like x 1