1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

How long for improvement taking famvir?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by JeffreyVik, Oct 1, 2017.

1. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Hi all,

I'm on day 9 of famciclovir, 500mg 3x daily. I am praying this will be what helps me.
    I'm curious on others experience with this drug and how long it took for
    Them to see improvement...
    Thanks!

2. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    10 days - 2 weeks for vertigo to stop. After that I definitely had other symptoms for a while. Brain fog, fullness, some dizziness.

3. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Ah thanks, good to know it may be soon..
    Are you symptom free currently? Also how long had you had MD before beginning the famvir?

4. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Ah thanks, good to know it may be soon..
    Are you symptom free currently? Also how long had you had MD before beginning the famvir?

5. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I started with Valtrex, so i'm not sure about Famvir, although i am switching over this week.

It takes everyone different times. Some folks respond in weeks, and some take months. Be sure to include lysine (1000 mg 3x a day on an empty stomach) with your AVs.

6. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    I had been symptoms free and I went down on a low dose for about 4 months. I also quit lysine. I had a relapse. I am now back to full dose for almost a month and I am getting better slowly. I have had MM for 13 years.