1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

LOUD tinnitus

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Frosty, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Frosty

Frosty New Member

Mar 2, 2016
    Just a simple question: Anyone have tinnitus so "loud" that it interrupts their sleep? Causes painful sensations? Wakes them up at night? Masks other noises/conversations? Any tricks you have found to alleviate it?

2. forevergrateful

forevergrateful Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Yes, on all counts. There is another web forum "Mind Over Meniere's" that talks a lot about tennitus. You may want to check it out.

3. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    I have had that early in this disease, and it felt like torture. I am so sorry if you are experiencing that. My heart goes out to you. The good news is that I got past it, and so you probably can, too.

The two things that seem to have helped me the most with loud tinnitus are anti-viral medications and classical homeopathy. For me the worst thing about it was the anxiety it caused. The homeopathy helped with that, too, but also other anxiety reductions techniques helped, including a cup of chamomile tea. Now if it happens, it is brief and I have come to trust that it will end, which is a very good thing.

Best wishes!

4. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes and it was very tough, especially at first. It was essentially 'cured' with antiviral meds, but for 9 months before that it was constant 90,000 watt fan or jet engine in my ear. Sometimes it varied and i got other noises too.

Do try to stay away fom caffeine and not overdo it with salt. Sorry you are dealing with this. There is hope,

5. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    lately, I also had this roaring tinnitus and for the past 3 days i had constant dizziness. although still on AV and JOH. :(

6. Jimmy Alvin

Jimmy Alvin Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Sometimes mine is so loud I think my head is going to vibrate off or explode. The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

7. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I bought these white noise earbuds. They help.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/10/technology/hush-smart-earplugs/index.html

8. I've noticed that when mine is extreme, coupled with pain, I usually find out I've got a sinus or ear infection. I don't know why, but since I had my first ear surgery I don't experience what would be considered the typically described ear pain associated with these conditions.

9. Gardengal

Gardengal Member

May 12, 2015
    Autumn, are you feeling any better day to day? I know you said you'd don't feel 100% right after your laby.

10. Coach Betz

Coach Betz Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Indanapolis, Indiana
    SUPER LOUD tinnitus. It caused a ton of issues. Especially in the sleep department. For my daytimes, I started using a hearing aid that masks the tinnitus. It's called "notch" therapy where they up the volume of the frequencies that you are missing. It helps a ton during the day. Night time still stinks. Unfortunately, I've been relying on sleeping pills. Just one does the trick, but if I wake up at night, it's very hard to go back to sleep.

11. Hi! Thank you for asking. I WAS going to the gym, but I've had to put a stop to that for now. I've developed extremely bad asthma. So, yes, I'm still experiencing the fatigue. Hopefully, I'll be able to build up some endurance after I see the pulmonalogist and get this under control.