1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Cannabis for MM

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mac, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I know this has come up in the past...I just got a card from NJ.

I was wondering if this has worked for anyone?

Any suggestions on strains?

Check this link:
    https://herb.co/2017/01/09/cannabis-herpes/

2. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Haven't tried edibles or anything, but smoking was a bad idea for me. Drove my anxiety through the roof, and actually just made my overall symptoms worse. I've heard CBD oil works for some.

3. burd

burd Member

May 14, 2014
    Most I've heard from, and have noted a few times personally, is that the sativa strains made things worse and recommend indica strains only. Others will say look for higher levels of CBD and low THC. There's been some really good posts on the topic if you wish to find them by using the search feature to access the archives, here and in the old database.

4. sjw111

sjw111 Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Ha ha ha. I love you guys. Take a hit off the bong to enjoy the movie. But I can't find anything that supports it ref MM. It does have a anti inflammatory benefit. But I don't know man. I can't imagine being stoned and having an attack. That would be awful. Go find a new doc. Enjoy the movie and a bag of low salt Doritos.

5. Nickyschick

Nickyschick Member

May 13, 2015
    I have my card in CT and do mostly edibles ( asthma/smoking = too much coughing)..... Indica cookies help me sleep like a baby ( i have chronic insomnia - not enough sleep huge trigger for me) ... CBD pills help with stress - I was on 6 prescriptions before I got my card - I am down to just Valium as needed if I start to feel dizzy..... so for ME personally it has been great.

6. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    What cbd pills do you use?

7. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Just got my hands on some Plus CBD Gold capsules. 15mg soft gels. Had it onboard about 2 hours now. Kind of feels like I took a Valium, but a softer felling? Not dizzy really at all, even after eating a burger in a restaurant. Still a low level anxiety, tinnitus and hearing loss. The person at the health food place where I got it was very helpful, and spoke of the different grades of CBD, QC regulations and the pros and cons of capsules versus drops.

8. Meanwhile, in Alabama, birth control pills are finally legal! I know, I was surprised they were allowed into the state for testing, too!

9. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Wait what...

10. burd

burd Member

May 14, 2014
    Hi k. :) With so many varieties it's a matter of finding what works or doesn't. Many have been helped with the right kind of what they need, that part is true, and many have been thrown into vertigo hell with the wrong strains including myself. As with anything, natural or pharmaceutical, it's all individual.

11. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    Mac, IMO it is a huge help, but then, as Burd said it's up to the
    individual and the specific strain you're using.

The late Larry (Carribean) and the rest of us had a lengthy
    conversation about this beginning about 10 years back. There's
    a new thread you should be able to dig up and it too will have
    quite a bit of helpful info.

Cannabis can act as a "vestibular suppressant", meaning it attenuates
    (reduces) the activity on the vestibular nerve, which in turn reduces
    the potential for vertigo to take place.

Much of how various strains help depends on your own body chemisty,
    as every strain of marijuana has it's own combination of THC and CBD's.

If you have a dispensary nearby, I've had good luck with Cherry Pie and
    also Tangerine Dream (hey, they gotta call it something!). I'm currently
    growing LA Confidential and Purple Urkle, both of which have given good
    results in the past.

12. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    awesome Mike...I will try them.

I am looking for exactly that...something to take pressure off the vestibular nerve. I am 10 years into Menieres.

Hearing loss and contact unsteadiness are my two big symptoms.

Thanks!!

13. Cricket

Cricket Member

Jan 7, 2017
    I have found the hybrid varieties like Blue Dream or ones with low THC (ACDC) work best for me. The key is to take the lowest possible dosage to start with, otherwise it makes me dizzy, and fall asleep (yet, no nausea or headaches). I haven't thrown up once since taking a small amount daily before my evening meal, and it helps with headaches and anxiety. And, if I need to go out to eat I feel better protected against vertigo, nausea and anxiety.

All in all, cannabis is much better than meclizine, valium or zofran in my opinion, yet I still have valium on hand in case of the spins.

I have tried CBD drops without THC and I'm not sure if it does much other than feeling groggy, but plan on getting the tincture with the THC and CBD next time as smoking does produce some throat irritation.

14. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Trying the Charlotte's Web Everyday CBD tincture. Felt adventurous and would give another brand a try. I liked the Plus CBD capsules except they gave me reflux and are expensive. Time will tell..

15. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Felt pretty darn almost normal at work today after the CBD oils. Still have tinnitus (when don't I) and some dizziness, but the anxiety was almost indiscernible. We will see if this is truly due to the CBD. I feel as if it is with the abrupt change in feeling.

16. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    Mbgphoto, are you still getting positive results with the cbd oil?

17. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    Yes, another good day at work. Again, the only thing the oil seems to have affected is the anxiety, but that's really the only thing holding me back from functioning somewhat normally. I take two droppers when get up with my lysine and two when I get off work. Seems to be helping with sleep a bit as well.

I'm still taking 2mg of Valium in the am, I haven't committed to trying to taper off of that quite yet until I get a bit further into my antiviral treatment.

18. tdoak

tdoak Member

Feb 13, 2016
    Ontario, Canada
    So no change in the volume of your tinnitus? I have ordered a bottle to try, expensive here in Canada, but I am willing to give it a try.

19. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    No. Nothing has ever touched the tinnitus. It’s the one constant. Every other symptom varies except for that. I suspect it’s from the damage done to the hairs in the cochlea but I could be wrong. Feeling good again today, last day at work before a couple days off.

20. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Greetings fellow Canadian! Any updates on your use of cbd, Menieres symptoms etc?