1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

dizzy from knitting

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by marie, Jan 8, 2018.

1. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Just started a knitting project and feel dizzy and a little cross eyed. When I [just knit ( seed stitch)] it doesn't happen but now I'm doing knit one, perl one. I'll try just knitting 2 rows at a time and see if I acclimate. Has anyone else felt dizzy from any needlework?
    I am ever so thankful for wonderful info. here which led me to antiviral tx and a low sodium diet.

2. mbgphoto79

mbgphoto79 Member

May 11, 2017
    Greensboro, NC
    I don't knit, but I do some fine detail model railroading from time to time. I haven't had any issues with dizziness but I do get headaches and can't do it nearly as much as I used to.

3. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I don't knit, but i had the same experience when i started playing Mario or racing games again. It took a few rounds to acclimate.

4. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I saw thread title then Scott Tom's name and assumed he made the thread. About fell of my chair.

5. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    Thanks for the feedback
    love this forum

6. whoanellie

whoanellie New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    OMG! I was about to post the same question! Yes! I have found that spending too much time knitting can bring on vertigo, or what I call waviness - that almost vertigo feeling. I wanted to know if anyone else experienced this, and now I know! The same thing often happens when I spend a while on the computer or doing stuff on my cell phone. This darn disease takes away all the fun stuff in life - coffee, alcohol, salt, and knitting :)

7. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    whoanellie
    I've had a handful of cups of coffee in the past year and really don't miss it, milk either. Nothing to do with MM but I've joined the camp that believes adults don't need milk. I get calcium from yogurt, chick peas, eggs (yolk) and I take a calcium with Vitamin D3 supplement.
    I'm going to get my knitting out today. I think it has some mistakes.
    My best to everyone.
    In 2018 I resolve to eat more nutritiously and low sodium.

8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Yup knitting, anything bending my neck - reading, drawing, needlepoint- all can make me feel swimmy. I try to use my best posture possible, do my home neck physio, just do these things for short stretches.

A friend said yesterday, “oh all the best people knit!”

9. forevergrateful

forevergrateful Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Hey there....nice to see your name again. I too decided to take a break from the forum, but recently started participating again after a recent set back. Nice to see a familiar name. hope you're continuing to do well.