1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Arrhythmia and MM symptoms

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by forevergrateful, Jan 15, 2018.

1. forevergrateful

forevergrateful Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Has anyone else had arrhythmia and noticed a correlation of MM symptoms? I just happened to take my pulse yesterday while feeling dizzy/"off".....and found an irregular heartbeat. I also noticed it today when experiencing the same "off"/dizzy feeling. As well, the tinnitus in my right ear pulses with this same irregularity. Weird oscillating sound, which is rhythmic to my heart beats. Of course, I plan on calling my DR tomorrow, but I wanted to throw the question out there to you all to see if anyone else had made a connection with their MM symptoms.

2. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    You should have a doc look at the arrhythmia to find out what kind it is. Some are more dangerous than others.

If it's PVC (Pre-Ventricular Contraction) it will feel like it skips a beat, but it's really that the ventricle fires too quick. I had PVCs, and yes they correlated with other symptoms.

They turned out to be due to long term dental infections. Once I got the dental infections cleared (botched years-old root canals), the arrhythmia cleared up two weeks later (and my overall symptoms reduced too).

Please read this thread and see if have any of the dental risk issues: http://menieres.org/talk/index.php?topic=2830.0

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    I have A-fib, but used to be bothered by PVC's and then PAC's---had them all. I have always been able to feel them--most of the time.
    A cardiac cath ruled out serious heart issues but a 30 day holter monitor shows I have 'chronic a-fib', so one needs to be on a blood thinner and some a beta blocker.

I couldn't tolerate the side effects of the newer blood thinners--so am on 2 baby aspirin a day and a low dose 'beta-blocker'. So far, no problems. But--I know what you mean by the irregularity getting worse with MM symptoms or at least more noticeable.

I think it's real and needs to be 'checked out for sure' and also know it's also brought on often by anxiety due to this 'thing' we all deal with. Your doctor can help you determine if one or both of these is going on. Please get things 'checked out' and let us know.

4. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I have PVC, but it started after i was already cured of MM. I think it was a dehydration issue, as i've made it stop by drinking more water.

Keep in mind that a lot of MM patients take diuretics. This cannot be good for your heart long term.