1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Accupuncture

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by snuka, Jan 26, 2018.

1. snuka

snuka Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Has anybody tried acupuncture? f I have a friend who used it for back pain and he says it really works and I need to try it. What do you all think?

2. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I have been doing it consistently for about 1 year. Every week.

I believe it helps with anxiety and overall health. It can help lower stress. Which can help lessen frequency of symptoms.

Unfortunately... I find it does nothing for hearing/dizziness issues... Just my opinion.

3. snuka

snuka Member

Nov 9, 2017
    Thanks Mac. I have a hard time believing it would help with hearing also. That's my main issue. I did a steroid injection and it worked for about 3 months. My hearing is now terrible in that ear again. Very Loud tinnitus and distortion to where I can't understand anyone. So depressing.

4. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    There actually is a AP point that is supposed to relieve vertigo. Unfortunately for me, that point caused vertigo for me, so it may work, or it may make it worse.

I'm a believer in AP, but I'm not sure how much MM relief you'll get. I did get benefits, just not MM benefits.

5. I did acupuncture for about a year. I had really good results at the beginning for things such as brain fog, slight dizziness and slight tinnitus. It slowly quit working for me and I couldn't justify the out of pocket costs so I quit. I've been debating on going back now that I haven't gone in over a year to see if it would work again. There were definite benefits for me, they just didn't last.

6. Nickyschick

Nickyschick Member

May 13, 2015
    I did it for 6 months and had excellent results -- I had one small attack initially while my body was detoxing.... but I haven't had one since - that was about 8 months ago. I had lots of other great results aside from just the vertigo.

7. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I had acupuncture but it did not help at all. I felt so much worse during the procedures . Never again for whatever reason!

8. Lupo

Lupo New Member

Jan 1, 2016
    I had acupuncture "brads" put in my ear lobe to help with nausea while on progesterone when initially diagnosed. ENT said being on pred might help my hearing return. It didn't but gave me horrible side effects, nausea. I was instructed to press on the brads when felt ill and they really seemed to help. Had the brads in place for a couple of months.

9. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    One acupuncturist helped my neck pain but was scattered and I didn’t feel safe (used needles on the floor etc).

Another one, who another Menieres patient got help from, seems to have that healing touch and aura. My dysequilibrium and anxiety are usually less with her treatments. Her Chinese herbs stop my hot flashes, which sometimes trigger vertigo.

I think she helped me at least get healthy enough to be reading this website and get to the doctor for antivirals and referral for MM etc etc.