1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Quiet Waterpik or Water Flosser?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by BayMama, Mar 2, 2018.

1. BayMama

BayMama Member

Jul 12, 2014
    I saw a hygienist yesterday who recommended I get both an electric toothbrush and a water flosser. I tried the electric toothbrush on my cheek to see how it would sound and my tinnitus got loud and hasn't gotten better since. All the time with him cleaning my teeth with the ultrasonic cleaner didn't help. I always ask that they tell me before they move me, but he forgot once and I got so nauseous I thought I would throw up. But I sat up for about a minute and felt better. The acupressure wrist band helped. Mostly I've been doing a lot better lately (yay famvir!), and so it was a bit of a blow that what used to be so simple as a dental cleaning can be so harrowing. That was my vent. Thank you, now my question:

He said of the two, the water flosser is more important for my situation. When I got home and started reading reviews, I learned that a lot of them are very loud. I'm hoping maybe someone here has sought out quieter water flossers and can advice me on a model. Thanks for any help.

2. No thanks

No thanks Member

Jul 27, 2017
    How about just regular flossing. As a dental hygienist myself, you really don’t need fancy equipment to get the job done, especially if the noise is bothersome. In fact, daily flossing, if done correctly and thoroughly, is probably more effective than a “water flosser”. There may be other hand-held, non-electric tools that can be helpful as well.

3. StanleyRoark

StanleyRoark New Member

Mar 20, 2019
    I got one. it is very powerful and produces good water flow, I think works well. I only use water flosser twice a day to keep my teeth going. It seems to work for me. My dentist says that some people don't need to do more, and others may be playing around there every day, and still suffer from gum disease or need to fill.