1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Raynaud's and Meniere's--wondering if they might be related somehow

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Jul 2, 2018.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Strange but I do have Raynaud's (another auto-immune condition) where the blood doesn't get to the fingers and toes when it's cold or when you get 'stressed'. I can be moderate to severe with many people.

Until lately, mine has been moderate but lately my fingers are blue even in a/c and especially when stressed. No feeling, and it takes awhile to get the blood back into them--same with my feet.

So--since I've had awful head pressure and have had many tests with no answers--makes me wonder if the blood to the brain is somehow being affected and causing the pressure to increase. I don't get a headache--just extreme pressure that only eases with sitting in my recliner or lying down. And sometimes it takes awhile for it to ease.
    Lately it's made my life very difficult but I don't 'stop' because if I wait for a day with no pressure, I wouldn't do anything. Some days it's really bad, other days I maKe it thru with occasional rest periods and sometimes it just eases on it's own.

The discomfort is from the eyes around the entire upper portion of my head. No sinus issues at all and no headaches--only on occasion and they aren't bad or migraines for sure. Anyone here have Raynaud's too and wonder if there is a correlation? Thanks

2. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I've had Raynaud's for years, only getting slightly worse in the last 6 mos.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Same here--has gotten worse the last year or so. Question is---do you have symptoms like I am experiencing--the head pressure daily or any other symptoms that might make you think---'is this due to a lack of blood flow causing this'? Thanks for your response.

Wonder how many here also have Raynaud's and have other symptoms and never questioned if they might be somehow related?

4. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    I'm having almost daily headaches, even a migraine last week. I never have been able to figure out what's related. I'm trying to take better care of myself by walking, trying to comply with low sodium diet. I confess I went out to lunch yesterday but, had a tuna wrap and stated no salt. I still struggle to spread the sodium out evenly thru the day.
    My best to all.

5. No thanks

No thanks Member

Jul 27, 2017
    Hello,
    I have Reynaud’s as well and have often wondered if it’s not the same factor that contributes to menieres. I have asked my neuro, but nothing confirmed. It makes sense to me. I’m also wondering if this is more common in women.

6. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    It seems that man
    y of these 'auto-immune' type conditions tend to be more common with women--but wonder if that's because there are more women--I think--in the world population. Not sure about that.
    Anyway--thank you for your comment. So, your Neuro didn't comment on the possible connection of Raynaud's and Meniere's? I am going to ask mine when I see him too--next January.
    In the meantime, I will ask my neuro-ent--in Sept. of this year. Seems to me it might.