1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Bilateral Menieres

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Annette, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Annette

Annette New Member

Sep 28, 2016
    I was first struck with this in 1996, in 2014 it went bilateral one ear wasn't enough. I have been fine and symptom-free well as far as one can be I've been taking a vitamin regiment and that was helping for year and a half all of a sudden last month August 2016 it all started happening again the vertigo the whole 9 yards so I was just wondering if there was anybody out there with bilateral that can suggest anything else that might help me with suppress the symptoms so I can get back to my life thank you. :(

2. BillBB

BillBB New Member

Apr 11, 2016
    I'm having the same problem within the last 6 months with bi-lateral, extremely frustrating. The anti-viral appears to be helping with offsetting the vertigo, but unfortunately hearing loss is rapidly depleting. How things for you currently?

3. awesometx

awesometx Member

Nov 28, 2016
    Caution to my stupidity.

Does bi-lateral mean you have symptoms in both ears? Or is it mean symptoms and hearing loss in both ears?

4. womanofthewoods

womanofthewoods New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    I have had bilateral since February. It seems to have a mind of its own. No matter how low your salt intake, etc. I try to keep my sodium intake no higher than 900mg a day but most of the time is well below that. I started taking my dyazide 1/2 tab every 12 hours, I take vitamin d3 and ginko biloba and allegra every day. Stress reduction is important but sometimes impossible..I hate the meclizine because it makes me drowsy but it does help the nausea and carsickness. Your doctor can prescribe low doses of valium for when the ringing and ear pressure gets unbearable. I bought the seaband wrist bands ( for the acupressure points) to help with carsickness. I also keep the back of my head pressed against the headrest of the carseat when driving and I don't get as carsick that way. It's miserable. I am sorry that you have it too.

5. LifeandOtherTragedies

LifeandOtherTragedies Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Oregon
    All my doctors say its really hard to treat bilateral menieres. I've been bilateral from the beginning. One ear is slightly worse, but both are a nightmare to deal with. My symptoms just bounce from ear to ear. Treat one, and the other acts up. I'm sorry you went bilateral. Hopefully you find something that helps with your symptoms!

6. jvk311729

jvk311729 New Member

Sep 29, 2016
    900 MG a day salt intake... omg what do you eat??? THis is what im struggling with... My dr told me to stay below 2000mg a day and I am starving!!!! I Used to eat about 4 times a day.... .

7. mpm

mpm New Member

Jun 11, 2018
    Hi there. I have Bilateral Since 2006, lost my hearing capacity on the right hear and on the left until now I was able to control. I just had a few crises over the years and never related with completely lost of balance. Some balance lost but not completely.
    My crises always affect my tinnitus and strong hearing fluctuation which recover after those crises.
    My treatment was only a Diuretic every morning, Valium and a completely no salt diet. I would only eat some salt on the pastry from sweet cakes. The few crises I experience was because i didn't follow the Diet and start time to time eat salty food. I also don't smoke and drink regularly. I also avoid coffee.
    I have a cochlear implant on the right hear and the left one I will try to preserve keep doing the same treatment I've been doing for 12 years.

8. arcticblueice

arcticblueice Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Bilateral Ménière's Disease - Morbus Meniere

Hey Everyone,

I have had bilateral MD since June 2017 and have found the following two links to be extremely helpful.
    I have just started following the The John of Ohio Meniere’s Regimen and already feel better.
    I'm also also alcohol and caffeine free and following a low sodium diet.

In addition to following the John of Ohio Meniere’s Regimen, I also am taking 24MG of betahistine, every 8 hours.
    By the grace of God, I have not had any more violet and debilitating vertigo attacks.
    I have also experienced a reduction in bilateral tinnitus, aural fullness & ear pressure.

The John of Ohio Meniere’s Regimen - updated June 2014
    http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.PDF

The Ultimate List of Helpful Meniere’s Disease Products
    https://www.mindovermenieres.com/ultimate-list-helpful-menieres-disease-products/

9. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    there are a gazillion John of Ohio posts on this forum from years ago until recently.