1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

3 stages of menieres I

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Lolly, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Lolly

Lolly New Member

Apr 4, 2018
    I have read recently that there are 3 stages of menieres disease. I'm trying to figure out what that means! I have had so many symptoms that have come and gone over the years: tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo, off balance, depending on the day. I just had my 2nd gent. Injection and am starting more physical therapy next week. Just wondering if anyone has a simple explanation for me. Thanks in advance.

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I read something like that once in a while. It does not meet with my experience. I think it can start anywhere in the in er ear and each person seems to follow their own path.

3. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Lolly. MD is too random as a disease, and per person, to have clear stages. I'm guessing that what's probably meant by 3 stages is, loosely, 1. slow onset 2. severe stage 3. remission 4. (possible) return.

Sorry and good luck. There's a lot of info on the following well-known site:

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/menieres/menieres.html

4. Dadrock33

Dadrock33 New Member

Aug 20, 2018
    Thanks for the link, Pupper. I'm the newbie here after just finding this site. I've had Meniere's (need to get a handle on all the letter abbreviations you guys use ["guys" used as a generic term ::)]) for some 8 or so years now and found that the onset followed my loss of hearing (specifically, right side but left isn't that much better) . . . I had always attributed that hearing loss to industrial noise during my career but noticed that head injuries might play a part in that concept too. Still have lots of reading to do. Currently, my "attacks" are relatively minor but I've had some majors in the past (yes, attributed them to food poisoning) . . . now, they're like small dizzy spells that last for an hour or more . . a little rest and close the eyes for awhile and it seems to go away. Recently moved to Florida and I like to work outside but (thanks, Dad) I sweat A LOT and that seems to upset the "electrolytes", as it were, and the spells are much more frequent and longer lasting . . . can't spend more than an hour or two outside . . . I'll pay for it later . . . guess I'll just lurk on the site and read for a while and take my Diazide occasionally (I know, supposed to take it every day . . . I don't). :-X

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Dadrock. You take care of yourself. It's strange to me how people like you just seem to deal on your own with MD problems. Maybe get to a doctor?

(It's custom here to call Meniere's "MM". I prefer MD. No one coming to a Meniere's forum is going to think MD stand for Muscular Dystrophy.)

6. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    MM means Morbus Meniere's

7. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I know. It's still silly.

8. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    Last time I saw my doc - Reminded that I need to make a new appointment - he mentioned that "they" were going to rename it as Meniere's Syndrome. Not sure if that ever officially happened but ... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯