1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Helicopters cycling in my head? Is this tinitus?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by raven191, Nov 7, 2018.

1. raven191

raven191 New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    For two weeks now I have been suffering from the constant roar of 7 helicopters cycling in my head ready for take off. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from this same issue? Is this considered tinnitus? I thought Tinnitus was a ringing or high pitched sound?

2. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    In my experience it varies all around the spectrum from high pitched sound/ringing to helicopters, etc. etc. I do know when I have a vertigo attack the tinnitus is specific being a very high, fast pitched ringing.

Ray

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I have found that tinnitus can be any kind of sound. I've had the high pitched, this is a test, kind of tinnitus, noise like the flapping of a flag in the wind, knocking, a fog horn in the distance, high pitched hum, low pitched hum, noise as if an 18 wheeler was idling in my living room and so many others. The worst one for me is pulsating tinnitus, the sound of your own heartbeat.

4. raven191

raven191 New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Thank you for the replies, The sound I experience is normally like this and eventually turns into a tea pot whistle at which time I know it is ready to end.... (at least it has ran that course multiple times before) ...this time however the pitch has stayed at the helicopter roar for a week and a half now transitioning to the tea kettle a couple of times only to fake me out and return to the rumble.

5. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Jet engines, 50,000 watt fan, circling helicopters ... I think this is what the doctors call roaring tinnitus and it is typical of Menieres and Cochlear Hydrops, although as other mentioned, it is one of many and varied sounds that we experience. I had everything from horns blaring to clanging and far away explosion sounds but the jet engine sound was my constant companion. I was lucky to lose this symptom with antiviral treatment.

6. raven191

raven191 New Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Thank you June, I need to find doctor who will prescribe the antiviral treatment...

7. PapaJoe

PapaJoe Member

Jun 11, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Peter rabbit

Peter rabbit Member

Nov 23, 2018
    Love thy neighbor tinnitus

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    What part of the country do you live in? Someone might give you a name. There used to be a thread with dr names. Also dont overlook the family dr. Go in with the dosage and duration though. A ten day rx wont do it most likely.

10. Marsha Stomp

Marsha Stomp New Member

Oct 18, 2019

We kind of share the same symptoms although it's never been that recurring for the past months. Just as when I experienced the symptoms, I never thought it's real— being diagnosed for tinnitus. Recently, I've never been more thankful for sharing this illness to the best professional who's been in the same condition and also wants the best and gives the extra amount of care I could ask for.

11. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I have experienced tinnitus of all pitches and levels.