1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Vertigo from laying down & stretching

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Glenn, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    thanks clare; i must try and do the right thing. i will practice on my old army cot and see how it is. i just got another attack of vertigo with nausa and diarheaa.I sat down at my computer quickly and looked intensely up at a picture on the screen and I sunk in vertigo. The computer use is addicting and my eyes, wearing bifocals are strained every day and night. i just took a meclizine. i also feel a nervous .i cannot even type correctly. feel hot and sweaty. i do not have high blood pressure but i have high chorestrol. i hope i am not having mini strokes. i do not get numb and i can talk and think. the vertigo seems to 0ccur more when i look up and down too quickly and the dizziness happens whenever i turn my head to much too the left. i must know what is wrong with me. the attacks are getting closer together now. The tinnitus was quieter yesterday but real loud today also. This forum is the only place i can talk about what i am going through living alone.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
  2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    We are here. Keep us posted.

3. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    i need to rtalk here during dizziness and queeziness. i layed too long in 5the wrong position. took a meclizine, i thank GOD the rest of my body is ok edespite my smoking. the smoking caused this i know it. thinking my blood is not moving through the ears enough caused this from high chlorestrol, age and smoking too long. i got what i deserved. i never hear of anyone dying from menieres though. the dizziness itself doesn't seem to be other organs in my body, well, the meclizine is kicking in now and i feel alittle better. i think it my glasses too. i am due for an eye re0examination. when i take them off the balance issue seems a little better.

4. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    , feel a little better.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  5. sjw111

sjw111 Member

Nov 3, 2016
    BPPV.

6. Glenn

Glenn Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Indy
    Journal- I have to go for that MRI very soon. I have been putting it off. Today when I scheduled, the MRI department told me I have to do blood-work first. Sure enough, I looked on my ENT's Lab Order and it said something about doing a BUN Creatinine Ratio, Serum. I am scheduled to complete that in a few days. I wonder why they are doing my blood-work before the MRI, and if this is a standard procedure? Will ask them.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Glen, the MRI is probably being done with contrast. They have to make sure your kidneys are in good working order and can handle ridding your body of it.

^^^^^Ooops. I didn't do that right.

• Agree Agree x 1