1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Detox making things worse?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MelH, Feb 5, 2019.

1. MelH

MelH New Member

Jan 18, 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I have had Meniere's for a few years now but the vertigo only started about 6 weeks ago. I started working with a Naturopath and taking detox supplements to hopefully drain my lymphatic system and what not and also started a healthy eating regime. (The Metabolism Plan by Lyn Genet) - The eating plan included a 3 day detox which I started the same day as my supplements. It is not a crazy detox by any means, you just eat healthy foods to combat inflammation. I did load up of carbs and sugar the weeks before , so I knew I would feel side effects from the toxins leaving my body.
    What I didn't expect though, is to have a Vertigo attack the first day and now on day 4 again feel off balance, my ear acting up badly and possibly having another vertigo attack coming.
    Does anyone here have any experiences with doing a detox and the symptoms getting worse before getting better?

2. JennaLu

JennaLu New Member

Jan 17, 2019
    I've seen others post that any time you change your diet quickly or add meds/supplements too fast, there can be an adverse reaction. It makes sense. I've been slowly changing my diet, weaning off coffee, etc. Anytime I add a med or supplement I always add one thing at a time for at least a few days so that if I have a side effect, I'll know what caused it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    There's a new Mel in town and her name is MelH.

I'm not into supplements so I can't help you, but good luck.

4. elfridaauston87

elfridaauston87 New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I also must say good luck dear.

5. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Anytime you make major changes in a short amount of time you leave you system reeling. Give it time I’ve learned with this disease that nothing happens quickly. Talk to your naturopath so they know what’s happening maybe they’ve seen it before? Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  6. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    What Fisherman said.

• Like Like x 1