1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The Cure for Menieres Attacks

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bennyhill, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    There is no cure for Menieres, but there is a cure for the debilitating attacks. I am a 73 year old male diagnosed in 2010 with Menieres after a hearing test was taken during a dizzy spell attack. At the time I was having 2-3 attacks per month. These were full blown dizziness, vertigo, and vomiting. My head was spinning anti-clockwise It was impossible to stand.

It started with dizziness, especially when lying flat under my car repairing it, some 7 years before in 2002-3. I have memories of crawling to the bathroom pushing a small bucket in front of me because of what the nausea was doing to me. I say this so you know I know what some of you advanced cases are going through. Then I was told of the cure by a friend. He had had Menieres for some 9 years without an attack.

This is what works for me.

No added salt to cooking or plate. Salt is trigger for Menieres as it retains fluid.
    Low salt breakfast. It eat a lowest salt cereal I can find.
    Lastly the most important. Menieres is caused by a vitamin B6 deficiency. The inner ear has the highest concentration of B6 in the body. I take 125mg of B5 plus 100mg of B6 each morning with breakfast. Both vitamins are water soluble so you need to take them in the morning. The B5 is an enhancer for B6 as high doses of B6 are not safe.

That's it. Try it. Just two vitamins. You should feel the difference within 7-10 days. The general dizziness will be lessened and Tinitus goes within a month. Best of all, no virtigo, nausea and no spinning of the head. You will still have Menieres but the attacks will stop. That means no further hearing loss although you will not recover the damage already done. I am yet to find anyone with Menieres it did not help. As for me, I have been taking B5-B6 since May 2910 and am approaching nine years attack free. Not one.

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    That’s really interesting Bennyhill, thank you for sharing.
    JOH what do you think about it?

3. WacoutaMan

WacoutaMan New Member

Feb 16, 2019
    Red Wing, MN
    Ok- I am new here and have pretty severe MD for the last 3 years or so. Same diagnosis and no real treatment options. I happened to find this forum yesterday and signed up for it. Thank you to JOH. (I am also a studio musician, I also master choral works here in MN before they go to public radio for broadcast.)
    I saw Bennyhill posted this yesterday. I immediately went out and bought some B6 100mg tabs as I have been pretty dizzy and had several episodes over the past week. I have ordered some B5 online as they didn't have any locally.
    What a major difference. It cleared out the constant dizziness within an hour or so and its the most normal I have felt for a while. Could it be this simple?
    This morning I still feel pretty good. I take an Ace inhibitor for blood pressure and it tends to make you a bit dizzy. I just took that along with the B6 with my breakfast. Lets see if it stays under control. Next steps for me is I start with the Environmental Docs tomorrow to look for mold and any other unbalanced or chemical "thing" I might have in my body.

For now - Thank you Bennyhill. That was an answer to prayer, literally.....

4. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Thanks for the post Bennyhill I’m going to give it a try but I’m having a hard time finding B5 in the correct dosage does it have to be 125mg?
    Thanks!

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    I never imagined while growing up that Benny Hill would be the guy that cured vertigo. A million things tell me this won't work. Not exactly a double-blind placebo controlled study you did there. But whatever, I've got nothing to lose. I'll give it a shot and report back some time.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    In Australia B5 is in 500mg tablets which I break into 4. B6 is in 200mg which I break in half. You need both as B5 is an enhancer for the B6. I also purchase mine on line over the Internet. The local pharmacy doesn't carry both.

7. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    You will need both B5 and B6 by my experience. If you include the low salt breakfast you can generally eat anything during the day. My grandchildren love McDonald's and eating their salty fries and burgers doesn't trigger Menieres Attacks as they used to do.

8. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    I would urge caution here. In my research, I found that sustained usage of B6 at or above 200mg/day can cause neuropathy. That said, it becomes important to know your other intake sources of the vitamin. Daily recommended dosage of B6 is usually < 2.0Mg. I am very encouraged by the success of BennyHill (can't write that without smiling) and I will try this as we know how desperate we get at times and something that works for someone is worth a shot, even knowing full well that not everything works for everyone. I just wanted to shed light on what I learned about the ramifications of hyper-dosing B6 and alert everyone to be aware of their total B6 intake when proceeding with this.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    What are you basing this on? Is this something you came across or did you discover it on your own? While certain B vitamins (particularly B12 and B2) are recommended in some Meniere's treatment regimens, there doesn't seem to be anything regarding B6.

If anyone else tries this please share your results.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    The dosage I take is 125mg per day plus 100mg of B5, which I understand is to increase the effectiveness of the B6. I do not recommend taking 200mg at all. Just 125mg. I have been on this doseage since May 2010 with no ill effects. At the Australian Menieres Fourum held at Coffs Harbour in 2010, I was told that the inner ear has the highest concentration of B6 in the body. Just maybe Menieres is caused by a deficiency of B6. Please note: Multiple B vitamins DO NOT work. The B6 amount is too low.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    In 2010 I was finally diagnosed with Menieres after suffering for 7 years. A very good friend told me of B5/B6 treatment which he found in the USA. He had been on them for 9 years without attacks and is now 18 years attack free. I didn't even know he was a sufferer. Apparently the doseage from USA was 150mg (still less than the the 200mg threshold because that's the size B6 is available. In Australia the sizes are 250 and 500mg, which I break into 125mg amounts.

And yes I would to know the results of others trying B5/B6.

12. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    For those worried about excessive B6 doseage. B6 is a water soluble vitamin so the body cannot store it. You will pass the vitamin in your urine. That is why you take them in the morning at breakfast and not at night. Your main (and heavy discharge) of urine takes place you first get up the morning. During the day you gradually flush the B6 and B5 and discharge the rest in the morning. Just replenish the doseage at breakfast each day.

• Like Like x 1
  13. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016

15. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Sorry for the last two empty posts, I was having issues posting my reply using my phone..
    Bennyhill, the amounts you have given for b5 and b6 have switched throughout your responses, is it 125mg of b5 or b6? Thanks! Looking forward to trying this ...

16. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Thanks, I understand totally. I was just cautioning others that there are other sources of B6 they may be ingesting from food and drinks.

17. steve chasens

steve chasens New Member

Nov 5, 2018
    could you expand on your treatment protocol you take 125 mg of b6 with 100mg b5 ?

18. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    1. No added salt to cooking or meals. Salt is a know trigger for Menieres
    2. Low salt cereal breakfast. Foget the sausages and bacon, although I do like a mixed grill in the evening only. Having said that, I traveled from New York to Los Angeles during Sep-Oct last year eating restaurant food without problems. I took my B5/B6 with me.
    3. 125mg B6 plus 100mg B5. I swallow mine with fruit juice at the end of breakfast.

That's it. Coming up to nine years with no Tinitus, no nausea, no vomiting, no spinning head. Stopped taking Serc, Moduretic and Stemzine (Stemital) tablets.

All I ask is you try B5 and B6 and see if it works for you. Your general wonky dizzy feeling you get will fade after 7-10 days. If you are a heavy Menieres sufferer as I was (see my original post) mark a calendar when you start B5/B6 and be amazed as the days past. Then let us all know about it.

19. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Hi, I have the same question with Jeffrey above. the dose is 125mg B6 & 100mg B5 or 100mg B6 & 125mg B5? because your first post was 125mg B5 while your last post was 100mg B5.

thanks

20. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    I'm guessing the 125mg is the B6.
    I have these supplements coming in the mail today so I will get started in the am and post updates. I am excited to try and feeling hopeful. Nothing else has helped long term for me.

JOH regiment worked for 7 months
    High dose vitamin C worked 6 months until I stupidly stopped then they wouldn't work again
    Prescribed AVs (Valcyclovir, famvir) didn't help
    Currently a month in on olive leaf extract and minolaurin, attacks frequent. Tinnitus awful. Although my energy came back.
    Hoping these b supplements will finally provide relief. I am now bilateral.