1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Can Menieres turn into MAV?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by JeffreyVik, Mar 20, 2019.

1. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Ive had your typical Menieres for about 3.5 years, but maybe 4 months ago I began feeling off and on pressure in my forehead and General dizziness unlike it was before. When I read about MAV it seems to fit what I experience now. I don’t have headaches per se, it’s not painful but I have that pressure.

2. Coach Betz

Coach Betz Member

Feb 13, 2017
    Indanapolis, Indiana
    I've gone through the same thing. Fullness, dizziness, and general not feeling well. I got pushed off to Neurology, and my doctor suspected MAV. I was treated with Nortriptyline, and it made my symptoms worse. She just recently changed me to Emgality. An injectable migraine medicine. It seems to be working and definitely something you could look in to.
    Not a doctor or pharma rep. :)

3. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Member

Feb 7, 2019
    ENT diagnosed me with MD. Then a DPT with a vestibular specialty seemed very convinced that I had MAV. You can, of course, kinda have both. There's a good recent thread on this board that explains some of the differences.

I started on the John of Ohio, but I added magnesium and COQ10 and started avoiding migraine triggers as opposed to just the MD trigger advice. Something in there helped me a great deal.

My "non-attack" days are now far better in terms of ear pressure, dizziness, fatigue, etc., and I've had fewer attacks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    My doc has told me that I exhibit symptoms of Menieres *and* MAV. I've read a bit about how they're different but ... I'm still not convinced that the MAV bits fit for me. That said I'm with you on the CoQ10 and I'll throw in Magnesium too.

If only there was a test for these things.