1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Small Talk

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Maggie, Apr 17, 2016.

1. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    No rats, but we have voles and mice that kitty takes care of. Lots of rabbits, coyotes, deer, the occasional fox, moose (really!), and apparently there’s a bobcat in the neighbourhood recently.

In other neighbourhoods, and closer to and in the mountains- elk, bears, beavers, cougars etc. Wild Wild West!

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Anne, I couldn’t compete with you even if I wanted
    Have you seen all those animals ?

3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    All but the bobcat and the cougar.
    I would trade the interesting animals for an English spring though! It was warm last week, now we are back to snow. Oh well!

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hi Marta
    I just found another show with Alberta scenery called “Jann”. You might be able to stream it off CTV.ca. It’s a comedy starring Jann Arden. She’s hilarious!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi Anne!
    I am sure going to look for Jann. It’s good to laugh so any good comedy always welcome!

At the moment we are away on holidays in Majorca and guess what...I am in bed having a bad day.( such ones happen roughly twice a year) I am sure it would have been an attack had it not been for the surgery. My daughter next to me with very high temperature . Such fun!

6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Ugh, Murphy's Law.

I hope you & your daughter are feeling better soon. Majorca is absolutely beautiful.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Hi Marta. You're supposed to be at the spa, not sick in bed. Hope the two of you feel better soon so you can get on with your holiday fun.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Hope you are better now Marta!

9. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I am Thank you Ann. got a sunburn At least managed to get rid of my paleness
    How have you been Anne?

10. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Doing ok. A couple of weeks vertigo free, surviving visiting the in-laws in England and now Switzerland. A little nervous for the train to Lille, France tomorrow but... have drugs, will travel!!

11. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Enjoy Europe Anne! I am going to pray you stay vertigo free. Are you going to be in London by any chance?

12. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    We will be back in heathrow, just overnight, next Wednesday. I’ve been thinking of you... it would be cool to meet... but I’m overwhelmed by the relatives at this point!

They are trying hard to understand what this Menieres is all about, and how to cook for me. No salt? Ok we just dump some canned broth over your meat for flavour. Gluten free? You don’t eat bread? I’ll buy buns!

Exhausted by vigilance but keeping my sense of humour. I bought a card for myself that says:
    “Get well soon. No one can handle your nonsense.” It’s horrible, but cracks me up.

13. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi Anne
    I hope you arrived safely at the airport. I wish we had talked about meeting up sooner. Perhaps next time when you are in London... but please let me know in advance and I will make it.
    I hope you had a great time and you managed to relax.
    I love the card you bought yourself. It’s so true about all of us!
    Have a safe flight back home Anne! Thinking of you

14. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    As we say in The States, that is AWESOME.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I got it a little wrong, but right sentiment “Get well soon. No one has time for your nonsense.” Either way, yup!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    [​IMG]

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Am I being paged?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Yes. Summoned *chuckles

I was thinking of you, so I made a GIF.

It's dorky *is still chuckling

I prefer to think of it as a signal, rather than a page, despite both, in a loose sense, being synonymous to the other, & both being a means to summon.

Paging holds connotations of banality, or mediocrity. Clearly, said GIF is far too well made, & epic—alas dorky—& she who it summons, Cheryl, far too super to hold said connotations.

Consider it the functional equivalent to the Bat-Signal, for instance.

All super-heros require a hero-signal.

& I've missed you *hugs

• Like Like x 1
  19. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Nathan, you say the sweetest things. :) It's not dorky! Now that you've explained why it was not a page, but rather a summons, it completely makes sense. I am too super. Hahahahahahaha.

I've missed you, too, young man. You were gone for quite a spell. I'm glad you're coming around again.

20. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Hi Nathan! Good to see you. You too, Cheryl.

We’ve been having terrible spring weather. Last week we had three snowstorms; the last one was Saturday. Monday evening of this week my 11 year old grandsons had a soccer game. They had to plow the field to make it useable so there were several piles of snow on the sidelines.

Picture this: Parents and grandparents sitting in lawn chairs wearing winter parkas, toques, etc. Little brothers and sisters having a snowball fight behind the spectators. Some of us were swatting mosquitoes. Bizarre. This morning it rained and hailed. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?