1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Words You Don't Want To Hear

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by BumbleBea, Feb 24, 2015.

1. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    7 month waiting list
    (for the only Menieres doc in town)

Kind of the same sentiment as “hang in there”, right Pupper?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Yep. 7 months is almost absurd. I don't understand Canada. And still don't know why so many people here are from Canada. I used to think it was a Canadian Forum. Probably my mind distorting reality. But if anyone else shows up here from Alberta I'm gonna flip.

I think I recall reading that Meniere's is more common in the Northern white races. I wonder if that has something to do with it. Couple people here from Minnesota too. Which is kinda Canada.

"Call me. It's important." Or, "Call me. I need to talk to you right now." When a parent or boss or anyone leaves a message like that, without saying anything else. My dad does this all the time. I get freaked for a second, then realize I'm not a teenager anymore so I can't be in trouble.

3. Loser

4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Ah-choo!

(Hey Pupper - 7 month wait has been reduced to 2 months- hurrah. And I’ll bug them every couple of weeks in case they get a cancellation)

5. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Never let anyone say that to you Bittersweet. Don't know about the female world. You gals handle things differently. But in a man's world, there are two things that justify immediate fisticuffs. Someone calling you a loser. Or telling you to shut up. Bam. You're dead.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    Your dog may be paralyzed.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Oh, no, Mel. I hope there is something that can be done for sweet little Dixie. Please post an update when you know more.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    There's water standing on top of the carpet in every room downstairs.

9. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    Sure it's been said..but..the four worst words...... ever.

"We need to talk."

10. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Sir I'm gonna need you to step out of the car.

11. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    [​IMG]

12. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    “Dr Lange is on extended medical leave, so your May 1st appointment is being postponed...indefinitely.”

Yup. Really. Waiting since January... for nothing.

13. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    AnneT...no way.

14. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Way.
    So I faxed a polite but desperate letter to the head of ENT for Calgary, asking for guidance, who does gent, who does laby. He answered same day!! With a concrete plan! He must have shaken the ENT tree and this is what fell out:

I got the last bit of my vestibular tests done today (VEMP), and an appointment with a gentamicin wielding Otologist May 21. And the name of the laby skilled surgeon here.

15. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Good job kid. Way to turn the heat up. "gentamicin wielding" lol.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Words I didn’t want to hear... my son saying he’s struggling with mental health, failing a course, anxious, low appetite... and my old mom not well, maybe the beginning of the end.

Son here, my parents in Vancouver, I’m struggling with my whole post-gentamicin grossness, supposed to travel to see parents tomorrow, feel torn, poor hubby also struggling to keep it all together.

17. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Anne - I’m sorry things are so chaotic right now. It’s tough enough when either your parents or your kid(s) have troubles, but add in your heath issue and now your husband, as well... that’s a lot! Right now you have to focus on you...if you’re not in the best of health, it’s hard for you to help anyone else. I don’t know how old your son is, but if he is an adult, encourage him to seek counseling. I know when your kids are hurting, we mamas hurt too. The only thing I can offer is prayer for you. There is only one that I know that can help when we are overwhelmed.

18. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    On a side note, my husband and I went on a trip to Seattle/Vancouver a couple of weeks ago. I had never been to that part of the country and can I say that Vancouver is lovely! Not to mention everyone I ran into there was super nice. If I knew how to become a Canadian, I’d do it in a heartbeat! :)

19. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Thanks Joney, I gladly accept and appreciate your prayers! Yes my son is an adult, but on the autism spectrum. And my hubby is just stressed and role strained... he definitely needs this to be a holiday.

I’m feeling alone with this unexpected Bppv sort of thing going on after my gentamicin. Scared, and frustrated. More patience. I’ll see the doctor July 15. We’ll see how it is then. I’m hoping to see or talk with my physio before we leave.

Oh... just got an idea... I’m sure there are good vestibular Physiotherapists in Vancouver! I hate to have to tell my whole story again, but if they are able to at least answers whether Epley manuivres would be safe and helpful. Hmm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    “Your mom has a pulmonary embolism.”

:( We had hoped she’d be going home from the hospital rehab unit this week but this sounds like she’s truly on her last legs.