1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The Cure for Menieres Attacks

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bennyhill, Feb 15, 2019.

1. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    My b5/b6 supplement (with added 400mg magnesium citrate daily). While I am not as symptom free as BennyHill suggests we will be, I still must thank him because I am much improved. Hearing has returned in my worse ear, I’m now only maybe at a 20%ish loss low range, fullness is gone, I have ringing in the am and in the evening but it’s pretty quiet during the day. My balance has returned, and I’ve had no vertigo attacks. I’m doing pretty well. I’ve noticed more so what my main triggers are and these can still take a toll and cause a brief spinning sensation or increase in tinnitus but once I stop the action or remedy with rest etc it goes away and hasnt yet fully escalated. I also have issues still adjusting to pressure changes in my ears, not sure that will ever go away. My triggers are staring at screens, stress, lack of sleep and over exertion. I also believe I had developed MAV along with my Menieres which may explain why I’m not fully recovered but it’s still an amazing change and I highly recommend this regiment.

Ps. I am also still taking some olive leaf oil but I was on that for a while before and didn’t see changes until I started the b5/b6 so now I guess I mainly take it for good measure.

2. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia

3. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    I am so thankful you tried the B5/B6 vitamins. Life has to be better even though you are still having some issues, I am confident the B5/B6 will prevent further full blown attacks.

You do not state how long you have been on the B5/B6. If less than a month, keep going and look for more improvement. If more than a month I have some suggestions to overcome the issues you are having. Too high a salt level will cause persistent full feeling in your ears. My salt intake is so low that sometimes I crave salt which I satisfy with a handful of potato crisps. Because it is so low, I can eat salty food during the day. The fluid in your ears causes the Tinitus to fluctuate.

Second I do not take magnesium. Never had to. Experiment with stopping the magnesium in case it interacts with the B5/B6. But I am absolutely delighted at the way you have improved.

4. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    The B5/B6 will take care of the Tinitus as well as the vertigo as I said it will. You shouldn't need the magnesium. I don't take magnesium. I don't need it- not in 9 years.

5. Jacqui

Jacqui Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Athens, Greece
    The magnesium is shown to regenerate the hair cells and protect against/repair hearing loss, as I am in the early stages of the disease (with minimal hearing loss thus far) I prefer to do as much as I can to keep it this way! Someone who has already lost the hearing may choose otherwise of course.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Thanks Benny! I look forward to yet another trial to combat MD but as always am hopeful. I'll post back after a month as well.

7. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    @Jacqui
    That's interesting. Maybe I should try magnesium. I have just had a hearing test for new hearing aids. I could try the magnesium and see if it improves my hearing which is pretty bad in my left (Menieres) ear, although it has not changed much over the years. Do you take tablets or powder? What amount?

Thanks for the info.

8. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Jacqui, what type of magnesium are you currently taking?

9. Jeff Paul

Jeff Paul New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Has anyone on the B5/B6 regimen also taken an additional multi-vitamin? I am going to start mine tomorrow but previously I have been taking a multi from GNC for many, many years. It is Mega Man Sport and it had 50mg each of B5/B6 so I don't want to keep taking it when on the higher B5/B6 dosage but would like to keep taking some type of multi as I feel it helps me overall. I did find their Mega Man "One" which is a one a day vitamin (Mega Man Sport was 2 a day) that has only 3.3mg of B6 and 16.5mg from B5 so thought that might be OK. I may though just start with the B5/B6 only for a couple weeks then add in the multi. Thanks!

10. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Bennyhill, I started and took the vitamins B5 and B6 as you recommended for approximately 3 weeks. I did not experience any relief that I could notice. During a visit to my ENT I mentioned all this. He told me that with some people, the B vitamins might even show sufficient with a regular blood test. However, sometimes they are in the blood, but not penetrating into the cells. He ordered a special blood test, (results not back yet), and started me on what he called "active" vitamin B's that are suppose to penetrate cells better. He has had me gradually add them over a course of 4 weeks. His reasoning for that is some people will experience detox symptoms as the B vitamins are added. I chose one of the products as a cream I rub into my wrist, instead of pill form - 1st week once per day, 2nd week twice per day. (5-methyltetrahydrofolate (B9); hydoxycobalamin (B12); methylcobalamin (B12); pyridoxal-5'-phosphate (B6); & natural vitamin D3). At the 3rd week I continue the cream twice per day and add 1 tablet once daily of Vitamins B2; B3; folic acid; & calcium-L- Methyltetrahydrofolate. Then the 4th week add a second tablet each day. I am at the end of 2nd week and ready to add the 3rd dose daily. The last 3 days I have felt pretty bad, and ear is full with more tinnitus. A few "light" vertigo spurts. I am hoping it means the vitamins are actually doing something that will eventually bring relief. I am also taking L-Lysine twice daily on empty stomach, and anti-viral med twice daily. Like I said, hope this eventually does some good. I just thought you might be interested in the info about "active" vitamins.

11. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016
    Sadly, most my progress has been lost as a few days ago tinnitus came back tenfold, I woke up with vertigo, though more mild than it had been, two days in a row. My general balance is okay but has declined from being perfect. Very discouraged...not sure whether to drop the regiment, up the dosage, or just move on..

12. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    I would say keep up with it for a while longer without increasing the dosage and see what happens. I don't think you can expect miracles instantly with any treatment. Your body needs to settle into whatever new thing you're going to put into it so it still might be adjusting to the new regimen.

Despite being somewhat skeptical, I started the B5/B6 thing last week. I'm not going to report anything or make any judgements until I feel enough time has passed that I can come to some sort of conclusion. I'll just say that as of now, the jury is still out on this one and no decision has been reached.

• Like Like x 1
  13. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    My progress with antivirals was two steps forward and one back. I would assume the same is true for any treatment. Look at the general trend month to month. See which way it is going overall.

14. RedBird11

RedBird11 Member

May 12, 2014
    Missouri
    Are you taking any Magnesium? My doctor suggested to me back in the end of February to start taking 250mg of Magnesium, twice a day. The improvement for me has been remarkable. I think it wouldn't hurt to try Magnesium if you are not already taking it.

15. zotjen

zotjen Member

May 12, 2014
    Redbird, I had posed this question to Jaqui but she hasn't responded yet. What type of magnesium are you taking? I know there are several different types and the seem to come with their own benefits.

16. RedBird11

RedBird11 Member

May 12, 2014
    Missouri
    Magnesium Oxide

17. Robert Wilson

Robert Wilson Member

Feb 7, 2019
    I’d been doing good but had tinnitus building back over 2-3 days then had a bad attack today. Maybe are too much bbq (salt) this weekend. Allergies are up. Hard to say.

18. WacoutaMan

WacoutaMan New Member

Feb 16, 2019
    Red Wing, MN
    Hi all -
    Its been around 2 months on the B vitamin regimen. I have had excellent results and no full blown attacks. I do notice some dizziness if I have too many drinks, or eat too much sodium. Thats it. a couple of life changes and I'm mostly back to normal. I still have Tinnitus but it is greatly diminished during the day. Had to back off of coffee to one cup as well. Lots of water all day as well.

Symptoms seem to keep getting better. I did double down on the B's one day when I could feel dizziness coming on . It worked well but it was my own fault that happened in the first place.

Keep it going folks - Wishing you all the best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    I just got diagnosed with Meniere’s this week. I have had issues over the last ten years or so, on and off, and the ENT said he was confident with this diagnosis. He also said, what I’m sure what most of you were told, that there is no cure and that you can take care of the symptoms with various drugs. I kind of have been spiraling down into a depression thinking ‘this is now my life’. I’ve been reading everything I can get my hands on. I then called my nutritionist who gave me a ray of hope and wanted to pass it along to anyone who wants it. She said she has several clients who have been diagnosed with Meniere’s and has had good success.

A low histamine diet for about a month.
    GinkoRose by Metagenics one capsule twice a day
    Natural Factors Quercetin one capsule twice a day
    Caster oil packs behind the effected ear(s). Soak clean colorless cloth in castor oil and place it behind ear. Plastic wrap over it and place a hot compress or heating pad on top. Lay on that side for 20-40 minutes every day for a week. This helps to draw out the fluids from the inner ear. Make sure it’s cold pressed, high quality oil. You can reuse these cloths but putting it in a sealed glass jar.

I got online and ordered the supplements and oil and hope to start this regimen this week. I’ll let you all know how it works. I don’t want to think of taking medication and fearing the next oncoming attack for the rest of my life.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    That's the first I heard of that treatment route joney. However, as we all know with MD anything is worth a shot. I was a lucky one to be diagnosed quickly but it hasn't made the last 3 years any easier! I'm adding your nutritionists recommendations to my database