1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Prayers for Sid!!!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bulldogs, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    One of my heroes and good friends who has been a savior to me with my mm journey is finally getting a CI at Vanderbilt University on April 19th. My thoughts and prayers are with you Sid.....Joe

Sid is an amazing person who has zero vestibular function is both ears has had labys and still Travels, walks 5k toad races and shoots hoops. He is a hero to so many on this forum even though he never comes around much.

Please help me in wishing Sid good luck with his CI and pray all goes well for him.

.....Bulldogs/Joe

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Joe I don't remember Sid ( did he go by a different name on the forum) I will certainly keep him in my prayers as he goes through this journey. Please keep us updated on his progress. I wish him the very best.
    Red

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    He sent me a really long thoughtful note when I joined. Good dude.

Wishing him all the best with new C/I!!

Maybe he can get into that Hopkins trial for Vestibular implants now too.

4. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    Just sent a prayer up.

5. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Me too. These folks give me hope. Thanks Bulldogs. Prayers and positive energy sending his way.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sjw111

sjw111 Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Whoa. Thank you Joe. Jumped on .org just to calm my jitters. Two weeks away. My prayer. 1- That God will be in the OR 2- The surgeon will be steady and confident. 3- Safety in travel for me and family 4- My wife will have peace no matter the results 5- The outcome will be good 6- Pre surgery anxiety will be manageable. Good people on this board. A family that spans many years. (under many different user "handles") Will let you and others know how it goes Joe. Go dawgs. Sid

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  7. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    God Bless--I don't recall seeing your posts over the years--don't know how I missed them. Sounds like you are dealing with so much and have done so with strength that you passed on. Do hope all goes well and with your positive attitude and good medical care--and lots of prayers, you will continue to be an 'encourager' for others.

8. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Sid,
    Wishing you a great day on Friday. You got this my friend.
    Sending prayers

Keep us posted
    Talk soon my friend

Joe

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    Sid has a very successful operation for his Cochlear Implant at Vandy and now let’s keep the prayers coming his way for an even better activation in about 3 weeks.

You got this my friend!!!

I encourage anybody struggling with this disease to reach out to Sid...he is an inspiration to so many who know him including myself.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  10. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Great News Joe thanks for the update. Prayers sent to Sid. I want to hear all about his journey when he is ready to share.