1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

10 Point Test For Menieres

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bennyhill, Mar 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. April55

April55 Member

Aug 10, 2017
    Just to let you know Bennyhill, there are probably many like me who ran out and bought b5/b6 when they read your story and have been taking it since because any chance for relief is worth giving a shot if it is only popping two vitamins daily. So thank you from one of the mostly silent readers for giving us a glimmer of hope. I have been taking it for a couple of weeks now. No real change yet in my tinnitus but JOH and antivirals have stopped the vertigo now since June '18 so I am trying to defeat or at least lessen the noise in my ear which is the one main symptom that remains.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tess72764

Tess72764 New Member

Mar 8, 2017
    Arkansas USA
    Bennyhill, I am so thankful for all of your post and I follow you daily. I’ve been on your recommended B5/B6 for 3 weeks and 2 days. I’ve had one brief vertigo attack (on day 8) lasting only 1 hour (mine usually last 2-4 hours). This week I noticed the tinnitus was fading in and out. I’m looking forward to being “free”. I’ve had Menieres since 2008, and have been told year after year there is nothing they can do but treat the vertigo, low salt diet, diuretics(which I can’t tolerate) and a hearing aid (which helps greatly).
    Keep posting, thanks again.

3. JeffreyVik

JeffreyVik Member

Jun 23, 2016

June your symptoms sound similar to mine. The tinnitus just awful and largely affected by outside noise. I also find allergies to be a problem and have never seen improvement through limiting salt, just kind of did it out of paranoia and it was the one thing the docs seemed to agree on. Do you monitor your salt intake at all? I’m wodndering if I should test the waters on that...

4. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014

I journaled my sodium intake limiting salt to about 1300 mg , i think it was a day, for a while even made my own bread too because most baked goods are high in salt. It did not help. It helped when i quit making my own bread because i discovered the whole wheat flour in the air when making it was causing symptoms to be worse. I am not a big salt eater, i rarely add salt at the table but i do not watch it any more. Allergy testing and shots take a long time to be effective but they were very effective for me. The time will pass anyway ... might as well come out the other side better. Remember, if you react badly to an allergy shot it probably means that is the problem and you should continue treatment although you may need to get with the doctor about chaging the dose to keep everything safe. You may need to carry an epipen too just out of an abundance of caution. The dr will cover all that.

What did help was eliminating caffeine, gradually but completely.

Good luck!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  5. srmophett

srmophett New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    louisiana
    I think the thing that bothered most was the statement "The cure for Menieres disease", so many have seen this statement in so many places while doing research and it only turns out to be another snake oil salesman most of the time. Just be careful how we all use the word cure, because what is a cure for some is a curse for others, it's going to work for some and others not. The statement did not bother me and I for one will probably try your regimen for a while, most of us have very little if anything to lose by trying it.
    Thank you for posting your experience and how it helped you, hopefully it will offer relief for all who try it. Please keep us all updated on your progress and condition, it helps us all in many ways.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Benny, I was just speaking technically. There's no known cure for Meniere's. So "Meniere's free" can sound misleading. "Symptom-free" would be a better choice of words. It's also possible that you were misdiagnosed with Meniere's, and had something else. Keep in mind that Meniere's is unsteadiness, hearing loss, aural fullness, and tinnitus.

I was incorrect to say you can't say "Meniere's attack". Because when one gets a spinning attack, it's often all four symptoms above at the same time. Sorry about that. I personally just don't phrase it that way. I say spinning attack.

7. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    No, you went further. Irresponsibly further. You set yourself up as Jesus with the magic juice. You set a high bar for yourself. So you can expect blowback.

It's all funny and doesn't really matter. But it's not really funny and it kinda does matter.

That's all I'll say again on it. You're a sweet guy. Just goofy as f**k.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Bennyhill

Bennyhill Member

Feb 15, 2019
    Australia
    And @Pupper

I have NEVER said B5/B6 is a cure for Ménière's disease. Please show me exactly where I said that.

Please read my original post"The Cure For Menieres Attacks", where I declare that I still have Menieres - it's just that it doesn't affect me. Nor do I claim that it will work for everyone. I just don't know, but if it will do the same for just one sufferer as it does for me, then posting here is worth it.

Nor do I appreciate being linked with snake oil salesman. I am not selling anything, just telling my story and asking sufferers to try the B5/B6 and see if it does the same for them

I do have Menieres. After years of different tests, it was proved while doing a hearing test at an audiologist while have an attack.

Try it or not. Your choice. And Pupper, your comment above is very offensive. If you don't want to try the vitamins, then don't, but please stop insulting me. My claim is simple and provable.

i have told my story and there is enough information for people to try. So now I will take my B5/B6 and leave you all to your fate. Perhaps in a few months I may come back and see if anyone has found success with B5/B6.

9. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    It’s the attitude Benny.

10. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Benny, just to be clear, no one thinks you're a snake oil salesman. You're a good guy who's overenthusiasm made you present your idea in an inappropriately cocksure way. If down the road you're never heard from again I'll be sure to let people know "there was a Mad Hatter named Benny who swore by B5/B6, maybe give it a shot."

• Like Like x 2
  11. srmophett

srmophett New Member

Feb 12, 2018
    louisiana
    Did not intend to affiliate you with a snake oil salesman, Just the statement, was not trying to offend anyone at all. Not here to argue or condemn, only to learn and have some interaction. However, again, it is simply the use of the word CURE, that's not a word to be thrown around lightly.

I am going to try your regimen but I will get it cleared by my Nephrologist first before I begin, I hope to find some relief in it.

12. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    This thread has gone off topic so I'm closing it.

This is also a reminder that the Menieres.org forum is *not* a debate forum. It's designed to encourage folks to share whatever works for them in the hopes it works for others. It's okay to share if something does not work for you but leave it be if you only want to argue about it. There's other forums for that sort of thing; just not here.

We are all to conduct ourselves in harmony because we all have something in common to heal from.

Thanks,
    Ray

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.