1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What Not to Do to Get BAD Head Pressure

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Chris, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Chris

Chris Member

Mar 20, 2016
    Hi all,

Title sounds like a game show.

For neck issues, I put a hot, well... very warm, rice pack on the back of my neck the other day.

Instant head rush and BAD head pressure. Took awhile for the head pressure to subside. Along with the impending feeling of an attack. I just sat still for the rest of the evening.

Any other ideas of what NOT to do for head pressures...

Maybe we can start a list here?

2. nicmger

nicmger Member

May 12, 2014
    For me, while the heat does not make the head pressure better - it has never made it worse. Typically I think that heat would make migraine worse.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Well--my 'head pressure' like the upper portion of my head has a band around it and the inside upper part (behind and above the eyes is filled to 'bursting' (no pain--like with a migraine), but intense lightheaded feeling. After dealing with it awhile--I feel like I can't do anything but sit back or lay down and when I do--I fall asleep.
    Then have trouble sleeping at night. Waken feeling better--but after getting up--not long the symptoms return. Has worsened along with the hearing loss worsening this past year. Had an MRI of my brain recently--thankfully I have one--:) --and nothing wrong there. But wondering if the fact I take low dose Xanax 2 tablets (in half doses) most days to deal with this, might be the cause or adding to it. Any thoughts or anyone else dealing with this quality of life altering condition and have Meniere's too? Thanks

4. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Wearing a hat that’s too tight for me always irritates my head pressure.

5. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019

6. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    I am going through this same type of head pressure. Even my teeth and cheekbones hurt! Did you ever find help with these symptoms? I used to suffer from typical migraines, and now my Neurotologist says I have a migraine variant. He does not believe I have Ménière’s ( my ENT believes I do have atypical Ménière’s). I don’t know what to believe. I am also wondering if my allergy shots are somewhat to blame. I just started them two weeks ago. I am highly allergic to mold spores and they are very high in our area right now. I just need relief!

7. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    Svines,
    Get the book Heal Your Headache By Buchholz. I didn't understand what migraines could be or feel like until I read. You probably have vestibular migraines. Some people have both menieres and vestibular migraines. The book was recommended by a valued member here Vicky. It is only $11 on Amazon. Get the second updated reprint 2018. Best to you -Bonnie

• Like Like x 1