1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Need some input on JOH regime and antivirals...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rgv, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Folks,
    I am loaded on meds now
    B5,b6 are fine along with other JOH meds
    However, I have been on valtrex for almost 24hrs and feel so much worse.
    I am way more dizzy than usual , almost clumsy forgetful etc, not functioning right
    My questions:
    is this from the valtrex and or the lysine starting to work on the virus where John said your symptoms get worse initially ?
    I'm really having a hard time. I could hardly function today and have never been this bad with Menieres yet...or is this just my Menieres getting worse?
    This all started Jan 6, 2019
    Kind of getting freaked at the dizziness in the last 24 hrs...is Valtrex this strong ?
    Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying so many things.
    Thanx for any input on antiviral experiences and/ or JOH regime initially making things worse and by how much ? It's so bad , I'm thinking maybe I should stop but not sure if this is attacking the virus and the norm
    Thnx again

2. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    My non-medical $.02: If you think maybe you should stop, then stop. Don't suffer. Get yourself stabilized for at least a week, and then make a decision about whether to try again or not. Look up potential drug interactions, adverse effect possibilities, and talk to the doctor who prescribed the valtrex. Hope you feel better soon.

3. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Thank you, might be a bit too much. When you're desperate, and I am, you try anything . No DR has really helped me. My primary prescribed valtrex based on my findings. This has been a rough one , 2nd toughest thing in my life to go thru

4. Tony Wilson

Tony Wilson Member

Apr 2, 2019
    Any sweeping change takes adjustment. I made a bold move to attempt getting off betshistine, diuretics, and JOH post deployment to see if just a strict diet would work. I had no stress at the time due to time off so figured it was worth a shot but it back fired. Vertigo left and right. You have to make a change and stick with it for a significant amount of time and really listen/journal well to notice what works. Stick to a solid sodium plan to with little fluctuations. A good ENT and PC goes a long way when you need a quick visit.

5. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    In my case, the third day i took antivirals i was worse. The. I started to very slowly get better. Make sure you are drinking water while taking the antivirals.

6. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Thanks June. I'm going to stop valtrex for now. I'm not quite sure what's happening here. Maybe restart in a few but right now I'm awful

7. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    The first couple weeks were rough for me but I pushed through. This was because those I spoke with when I was starting AV’s said that the virus will kick back at first until the antivirals begin to suppress it. Once I settled in I had an 18 mo run with no vertigo.

8. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Fisherman - does that mean 18 months with no vertigo, so far, or went 18 months then had a vertigo attack and then more months after that with no vertigo.

9. Molly Mae

Molly Mae New Member

Apr 26, 2019
    I'm not on antivirals, but I know after 3 weeks on the Lysine (which I've taken in the past to knock out cold sores) I had a major breakout on my lip, and then my hearing started clearing up, and after a couple more days, the cold sores dissolved, so I think there is something in the idea that the virus tries hard to fight the treatments.

10. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Went 18 mo. then got really run down and sick from work and travel, just not really taking care of myself. Then my pharmacy changed my brand of AV and everything went haywire. Got my original brand back and cut out some unneeded stresses, started taking care again and I’m good to go again.

• Like Like x 1