1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Spent 4 hours in E.R. due to migraine (recurring 2 nts in a row)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by yanksgirl, Apr 24, 2019.

1. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    As you know I have posted many times about the head pressure I have. And as a young woman I had horrible migraines.
    But as a senior female--no more! Yet--last Fri. and Sat. night I was wakened around 1:00 a.m. with a one sided 'migraine'.

The first night, ice bags repeated finally eased it. the 2nd night, nothing helped--and I got sick to my stomach and the pain was unending.
    Hubby took me to E.R. and I was given the 'migraine cocktail' (pain killer/benydryl, Valium) and also another dose of meds for high b/p. It was up to the 190/ 90's quite awhile.

Came home and slept a good part of Easter Sunday. This on top of having the daily head pressure I have recently posted about. Made me thing it was finally coming to a place where something could be identified and helped.

They did do a CT of the brain to be sure no brain bleed was occuring--and I'd had an MRI (all good) 2 weeks before. So, this head thing is a mystery and I sure don't want to go back to having migraines. Just sounding off. Thanks for listening.

2. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    That's awful Yanks.

3. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    The thing I want to know is this: Do many here have strange onset of headaches from time to time? Lately, on a daily basis almost--I have a mild to not so mild left (above and behind) my eye throbbing from mild to not so mild. As I posted--two nights in a row--they accelerated to migraines.

Also, when I waken during the night and also a few times in the daytime--I seem to hear an ongoing 'humming sound--or like a motor running or furnace--and I know that's the inner ear thing--but it will really make it hard to hear--even adjusting my hearing aids.

Anyone have any of these symtoms? Would love to know what your doctor's say and how you describe the various noises--yes--tinnitus--but even melodies of familiar songs will play over and over--maddening at times. Thanks Pupper for commenting.
    Yanksgirl

4. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Yanksgirl - I have that motor or furnace sound that heightens during the night.

5. yanksgirl

yanksgirl Member

May 12, 2014
    Really? I have to ask my husband--alot--if the furnace or a/c just kicked on. And sometimes I'm out in public and the noise gets so loud--like alot of traffic (though I'm inside) or a roaring.
    I guess it's all part of the tinnitus--and I used to get the horrible 'roaring--ringing' kind. That is 'rare' now. But the music concerned me for awhile--but have read others post they have that too. A strange phenomenon!