1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Is it too much to ask?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Feb 29, 2016.

1. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Is it too much to ask... for either warmer weather or for this cold to go away? Yup. Too much to ask.

I’ll be content with my warm house.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slow down time

3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Now the weather is warming... probably what’s triggering more vertigo attacks. Bleeh.

4. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    I get to enjoy allergies AND MM. Fun.

5. Keep your hands to yourself

Unless you have permission

• Like Like x 1
  6. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    To be as resilient as a weed growing strong through a crack in the sidewalk.

7. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I would like to be as resilient as the super dense core of a neutron star.

When concerning relationships, the resilience of a neutron star's core, unlike a black hole, comes with the added benefit of featuring strong interpersonal gravitation, an allure, without being overly grabby, or overly smushy smushy.

A healthy balance of psychological anchoring, reliability, support, & spaghettification.

Fear not the intensely radioactive, all-expunging, planet sterilizing gammer-ray burst, & the subsequent afterglow of light, X-rays, & radio waves often emitted during the birth of a neutron star, as these a) only last for a few hours to a few days & b) are loveable imperfections.

Sunscreen, howbeit, is recommended. Aloe vera, too, for minor burns, dryness, & bodily evaporation &/or boiling.

Nausea & lightheadedness may be experienced.

8. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    That was one of your best Nathan.

I sometimes wonder what your profession is. But can't narrow it down beyond professional brainiac.

9. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'm definitely not an English teacher, nor an internationally renown trapezist, Pupper, that's for certain.

10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I would love to be an internationally renown trapezist, now that I think of it.

Very few things are as thought provoking, & as marvelous as the cosmopolitan atmosphere of an artful circus.

What better way to spend one's youthful, vivacious years than to travel, or to study while traveling the world as an acrobat for an accomplished circus, to then perhaps manage it in older age?

Towering & elegant marquees. Sandy floors & powdered hands. Costumes & hoopers. Intricate & colourful lighting piercing shadow & mood. Acrobats, contortionists, & trampolinists. The charming laugh lines & crows feet exposed by limelight, beneath the heavy makeup of a boisterous clown. Skill & athleticism. Ambiance heavy with intrigue. The phantasmagoria of night. Timeless characters, warming peculiarities, & the grand bizarre.

11. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Loved your post Nathan. Gotta get myself to a circus. I've never been to Circ de Soliel (and don't know how to spell it). Or if you know of any other, let me know.

12. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Allergy season to go away!

13. Pupper

Pupper Active Member

Oct 15, 2016
    For me to never have to hear this song again? I hate it will all my might. It's the sound of an adept songwriter, (Lindsy Buckingham) late in career and out of ideas, so he easily formulates radio-friendly congealed crap and it's JUST good enough for the big corp record companies of the time to fool the masses with. This is an angry post. I'm sorry if you all like the song. Can a cheap chorus be as evil as a Nazi? I think so. I want to murder the chorus. "Tell me lies tell me sweet little lies. TELL ME TELL ME LIES. Oh NO you can't disguise..." HATRED!!!!!!

14. Melc

Melc Member

Nov 6, 2016
    Canada
    You’re very fortunate, Pupper if getting angry over a dumb song is all you have to worry about. A cheap chorus as evil as a Nazi? Seriously?

May I recommend a book that I’m reading right now? It may help you get some perspective.

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.

15. Do your job

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1