1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Hello! Questions about antivirals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Nivekc251, May 27, 2019.

1. Nivekc251

Nivekc251 New Member

May 27, 2019
    Hi guys! I'm new to the site, but very familiar with vestibular issues.. since late October 2018 I've had dizziness and brain fog with some hearing loss in my right ear. I we t through so many ENTs a neurologist, VRT, neuro optometrist, finally I found Dr Gacek in Mobile AL. He has me on 800 mg of acyclovir 3x a day. After the first week I felt fantastic, but it was short lived. It has lessened my dizziness and brain fog but I still have focusing issues. Like in a grocery store or reading. Eye doctor says my eyes are fine. My question is how long does it take for the antivirals to work, or in other words how long should I take them before I say they dont work lol. Thank you guys!

2. Nivekc251

Nivekc251 New Member

May 27, 2019
    I've been on them for 3 weeks. I forgot to mention that

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Longer than 3 weeks. Success for me came gradually and in fits and starts. Look at the trend. Are things over all better now than when you started antivirals? If so, continue for at least three months. Look for improvement not an on off switch. It takes a lot of patience but when they work they are great for many reasons, not the least of hich is they prevent the progression of the disorder. Good luck.

4. Nivekc251

Nivekc251 New Member

May 27, 2019
    I do feel better. Thank you for responding. I need to realize that I have damage and it must heal. The only individual that I spoke with about it told me he got better within 10 days. It seemed unbelievable, but who knows. I see on this forum alot of individuals have found relief through antivirals and I'm looking to get a realistic time frame. Thank you all very much !

5. EmilyP

EmilyP Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Florida
    Hi, I went on Anitvirals in Late January and it took about 3 months before I started seeing consistent results.
    I have tinnitus which is slowly going away, finally really this month which is almost 6 months. I also have fullness in my ear and had swishy feelings occasionally, this all went away by the 3rd month. Hang in there. I also do the vitamin B 5&6 and John of Ohio regime, which all seems to have helped. But it has taken time as you can see. Hang in there..

6. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Hi Emily. Thats great news that you are starting to feel so much better.
    What anti virals are you taking? And how long did you have symptoms before you went on the anti virals in january? Did you hearing also improve with the AVs?

7. EmilyP

EmilyP Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Florida
    Acyclovir 800mg 3 times a day.
    I got sick August 13, 2018, yes i remember the actual date, one day I was fine then woke up with tinnitus and feeling like I had a sinus infection which got worse as the day went on. Within a week I had a full feeling ear, left side of my face hurt and felt full, tinnitus and every once in awhile a swishy feeling that lasted about a hour. No hearing loss then or now. Went to an ENT who did not help. Got a second opinion in Oct with a Dx of Meniere's Dis.
    From Oct to end of January I was on a diuretic and eleval, which both of these made me very sick by end of January. Found this site/forum and began JOH's regime and Acyclori in January. It has taken time but I am so much better and my tinnitus is finally slowly going away. I hope this info helps you...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I have been on antivirals for 5 weeks now
    Definitely a slow improvement on the every day dizziness I had since January and the tinnitus seems likes it is easing up just recently. Funny, haven't noticed it as much so must be getting better. When I did notice it, it was loud. All in all, I believe they are helping. Also on JOH regimen and b5,b6 Benny hill dosage
    Hope that helps you.

9. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019

10. Nivekc251

Nivekc251 New Member

May 27, 2019
    Thank you all for responding ! This makes me feel so much better! I'm feeling so much better No where near 100% but so much better! Compared to 3 months ago I'm on top of the world. I had given up hope and was so depressed about my sloppy spinny world. Thank you all for the wonderful info!

• Agree Agree x 1