1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

For the past few days I have felt

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Claybustr, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Claybustr

Claybustr New Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Good.

I've been taking the JOH regimen for the past 6 weeks and I have noticed that for at least a few days in a row I have actually felt good. That the contrast is awesome. Several times over the past few days I have stopped in my tracks overwhelmed simply because I feel good. I didn't know how miserable I was. I had been taking so much sudafed and meclazine that I was feeling miserable every day. The fullness in my ears has subsided. I still have tinnitus but I've been dealing with that for over a decade. My hearing is still pretty bad in my right ear but it is not completely gone. Who knows if this will last but I am so thankful that I don't feel drugged by the sudafed and meclazine any more. I almost feel human again. I doubt this is the end of my issues but at least I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

2. ckdk

ckdk Member

Jan 8, 2017
    that's great news. do you take full JOH regimen? I only take lemon bioflavonoid, vinpocetine along with antiviral & pycnogenol.

3. Claybustr

Claybustr New Member

Apr 24, 2018
    I have been taking the full regimen with the exception of the vitamin C. I neglected to order it and never got around to it.

After about a week on the regimen I was experiencing dizziness every day for hours. Not the extreme drop attack event but more like a severe sinus infection dizziness. During this time I was taking between 2 and 6 meclazine a day just to do my job. I haven't had this dizziness for a couple weeks but only the last 3 or 4 days have I felt remarkably better.

I think it's worth mentioning that I have had cold sores and some form of the herpes virus for about 20 years, maybe more. I never connected the dots until coming to this forum. I am going to speak with my doctor about starting Acyclovir. But, I'll be honest, I'm not too excited about changing much with the regimen. This is the only thing I've found to help. I used to buy so much sudafed that m pharmacists thought I was making meth. That was making me even more miserable and I was still having attacks.

I have 2 friends with MM. One has only found relief through acupuncture and the other just suffers through it. I will be talking with them to see if they have ever tried JOH.

4. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    For those unaware of my regimen, thorough information is here:

http://www.zoominternet.net/~kcshop/JOH.pdf

My best wishes for all, using whatever treatment that brings relief.

--John of Ohio

5. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Brampton. Ontario, Canada
    Hi, I am new to this forum, I am from Canada, 65 years old and have been MM inflicted for about 10 years.

It started with a single strong attack in 2008 once a year until 2015 when the frequency increased to 3/4 times every month, was taking Serc as prescribed by my doctor but that only worsened the situation so I went off it until I started taking Pycnogenol 100 mg, 1 cap per day from March 18, 2018 and the intensity was lessened and the frequency of MM went down after April 2018, had a break for the next couple of months and again had MM for 4 days and it was dormant for the next 6 weeks and then it happened again for 4 days.

I decided to try JOH's regime and ordered all the 7 supplements, received 4 of them and still waiting for 3 including. I started on September 13, 2018 with L-Lysine 1000 mg 3xday, Vitamin C 1000 mg 2Xday, MSM 2xday and continued taking Pycnogenol 3Xday. I received delivery of Lemon Bioflavonoids 1000 Mg on 14th September and started taking 2xday as recommended.

On 14th reddish rash appeared on my neck and left side of my face and on 15th I had MM attack 4 times within 30 minutes during my walk in the afternoon, three of the four were mild and I had to rest only few minutes to regain and continued walking but the fourth one threw me off my feet and landed me on the ground. Between 15th and 18th I have had MM bouts 7 times albeit mild except the last one on 15th and the one I had on 17th evening which lasted for about 3 hours.

I have now stopped taking all the supplements and wondering whether it was the L-Lysine or some other tablet that has caused this adverse effects on me or was it the combination of all of them.

Appreciate if you can help me figure out this adverse effect as I have not read anybody going through this before they improved and eliminated MM.

Looking forward to your guidance

6. Clare

Clare Active Member

Mar 31, 2018
    I'm clueless about your rash, but your vertigo pattern sounds much like mine. I was diagnosed 17 years ago, with on and off attacks that increased gradually in flare-ups over the years and then increased greatly early this year to more than 20 per month and became completely debilitating. It had come to the point for me that not just the vertigo but the anxiety as well was robbing me of living, keeping me housebound and isolated. Steroid injections and medical treatments hadn't helped, and eventually I got to the point of considering destructive interventions -- gentamicin injections or labyrinthectomy surgery. Being already deaf on the meniere's side, I opted for labyrinthectomy because its certainty meant an end to the constant stress. The surgery was booked for two months out, and immediately my vertigo went quiet as suddenly as it had started. Go figure. The laby was a little more than 3 weeks ago. It's a slow recovery, but it's a great relief to be reclaiming my life now.

Wherever you are on your path with mm, I wish you good luck.

7. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I had great improvement fro antivirals. I think there will be two advantages to acyclovir to JOH. Fewer pills. Acyclovir i believe is more direct in eminating the virus than JOH which makes an inhospitable climate for it and probably works more quickly. You have the advantage of knowing joh worked for you so an antiviral is likely to as well. You also have joh to fall back on if the dr gives you a hard time about antivirals now or in the future. In any case, great news!

8. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Thank you very much June and Clare for your input, what I want to know is if it is normal to have the number of episodes increase when one starts on JOH's regime before it starts subsiding. The rash is a minor issue compared to the relief one gets from MM by following the regimen. I have not read anybody documenting or mentioning what happens when they start on JOH's regimen.

As of now I have stopped taking all the supplements and plan to slowly start on L-Lysine only and add another one after a week and continue adding one every week until I include all the 7 supplements (As JOH suggests) plus Pycnogenol (Which I found gave me a lot of relief) but now switching to Pine Bark Extract which I believe could have the same effect as Pycnogenol and is cheaper.

I did visit my clinic and met the doctor on duty who refused to prescribe Acyclovir and wanted me to go to the emergency at the hospital if I felt dizzy or had a bout of MM. I don't want to consider surgery as I am confident that there is cure for MM and what JOH recommends is logical and makes total sense.

All I want to know is if the increase in vertigo attacks are normal when we get started on these supplements or I am the only one experiencing it.

Thanks
    Bhaskar

9. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Yes, an increase in symptoms often happens after starting either my regimen, or taking antiherpetics (acyclovir, et al.). There are many reports of this, and in most cases they resolve well; symptoms then subside.

It appears that the virus increases activity when being chemically suppressed with the lysine or antiherpetic drug. But, then, the virus begins to "burn out." Increased activity exhausts the virus's ability to maintain activity.

If symptoms become severe, reduce the lysine or antiherpetic drug for period. But in most cases, the virus then becomes suppressed, with greatly reduced or absent symptoms.

--John of Ohio

10. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Hi JOH,

Thank you very much for the confirmation, now it gives me the confidence to go forward and will start taking L-Lysine once in the night before bed time and increase the dosage to 2 after few days and go up to 3 as recommended. You think this is alright to do or do you have another suggestion?

I have not received delivery of Vinpocetine, Ginkgo biloba Extract and Vitamin E but eager to get started and starting with L-Lysine, Lemon Bioflavonoides, MSM and Vitamin C seems to be a good idea, hope you agree with me

Awaiting your response and confirmation

Thanks
    Bhaskar

11. John of Ohio

May 17, 2014
    Yes, go forward as you've described. Only real thing to be concerned about; be sure to take the lysine at least 20 minutes before a meal, or 2 hr after a meal. If taken with food, it does not connect to the herpes virus.

Keep us posted on your progress.

--John of Ohio

12. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Thank you, I will follow as you instruct and keep you updated

Best Regards
    Bhaskar

13. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Re: Update

I have followed JOH's regimen for the past 10 days and as recommended took L-Lysine 1000 mg once a day at bedtime, 2 hours after dinner. I also took Lemon Bioflavonoids, Vitamin C 1000 mg 1 each with breakfast and dinner, 1 tablet MSM once a day.

I have had vertigo consistently every day except for 2 days in between when there was no episode. In total I had 12 episodes in 10 days and they were all mild lasting from 5 minutes to 30 minutes, except twice when the effect of the episode stretches for 4/5 hours, there was no nausea which is a good sign.

I am yet to receive delivery of Vinpocetine 10 mg, Ginko 120 mg and Vitamin E 400 which is expected around the 5th October. The point I am making is that the 4 supplements that I am taking is having positive effects and I am sure the balance three supplements will contribute to further improve on it once I add them to the daily dosage.

Will keep you updated on my fight with MM. Signing off for now

Thanks
    Bhaskar

14. BhaskarIyer

BhaskarIyer New Member

Sep 18, 2018
    Hi,

It's eleven days today since my last update and I have received all the supplements and taking them as prescribed. I have had only 5 episodes in the past eleven days, down from 12 episodes in the earlier 10 days. This could be due to the combination of all the 7 supplements. Moving forward with some trepidation and hoping to see more episode free days and relief from MM.

Will post keep developments

Thanks
    Bhaskar

15. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Good news!

16. Allison

Allison New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Thank You! This is what I have been looking for. I will begin with the first one, and go forward from there. I will keep you posted. I am a firm believer in vitamins. I am currently on a low sodium diet and a fluid pill. I did however have a very violent attack on Monday, and now have seemed to have gone into remission. I am wondering if I should wait until symptoms return?

17. marie

marie Member

Jan 6, 2017
    These posts have been informative and helpful; thanks.

18. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    BaskerI,
    Maybe try a different doctor, or show your doctor the study by Dr. Gacek, if you want to try antivirals. There are lots of threads about that here.

How’s it going now?

19. Dnrpn

Dnrpn Member

May 11, 2019
    Canada
    Hello, I’m wondering how you are doing now? Did the regimen help you at all? Fingers crossed :)

20. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    One day at a time man, that's how its done. Good to hear!