1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Today Is A Good Day For .....

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, May 15, 2014.

1. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    DUCKS

2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Redwing
    You got ducks? Ducklings? A ton of rain? I saw some sweet canada goslings by the river last week. Yellow and fuzzy.

3. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    AnneT no ducks just a lot of rain! Lots of puddles too

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Rain... free water for the garden :)

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    First it has to stop raining long enough to get your garden planted. Our plot has been a muddy mess for weeks.

6. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Oh Cheryl that’s definitely too much rain! Hopefully the sun comes out soon for you.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Thanks, Anne. According to the forecast, we may get dry, sunny days tomorrow and Sunday. Otherwise, rain through next Wednesday. It's dark as night as I type this. Forecast for today: rain, hail and isolated tornadoes.

68 degrees right now

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Should isolated tornadoes not come first in this list of inconveniences?

Much the same way it behooves meteorologists to mention isolated asteroid impacts prior to estimating the amount of rainfall produced by scattered showers?

Do you have a tornado bunker / shelter / tornado resistant basement / whatever term is used to describe a tornado safe structure, Cheryl?

Tornadoes in spring & 3 mph golf carts on public roads during the hight of sprint car season. Wonderful!

What's your area unleashing upon the public next? Out of control pizza delivery drones amid a darkened sky of ash & volcanic ejectiles?

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    Ha, ha, Nathan.

Well, we did get rain and we did get hail. No tornadoes, though. Maybe the weather guy was listing them in the order in which they were most likely to happen. I'm going with that. I hadn't really thought about it, but you're on to something. I have to agree that "tornadoes on the way" should probably lead off the weather forecast.

Our house is a split level. There's a storage closet under the stairs to the lower level. Should a tornado ever pass over my house, that's where I'll likely be found when it's over, crushed from the upper level falling in on me.

Sprint car races tonight, so golf carts were out in full force today. It will only get worse as the days get warmer and it stays light longer, peaking the second week of August. I'm not planning to leave home that week.

We've had two days in a row of warm, sunny, dry weather. The grass has been mowed and the tomato plants are in the ground. Mission accomplished.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Returning home

• Like Like x 1
  11. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Legs up wall yoga pose

• Like Like x 1
  12. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Going in the pool. It was already hot out when I woke up at 8 am.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Gymnastics

14. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Ahhh pool time in California! It’s starting to feel like fall already up here in Calgary.

Bittersweet
    Is it a good day for doing or watching gymnastics? Or something more metaphorical?

15. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    We generally have summer weather here through September, and often through October. Summer is my favorite season. I always dread seeing the signs of fall. Fall here isn't too bad, but after fall comes winter, which I hate. We don't have severe winters but it is still cold and I hate it.

16. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    A nap.

17. Shopping for fall decorations

18. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Golf

19. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    A different sort of Golf - Hubby and I are going to go test drive an electric Golf.

We are considering a Tesla, to keep me and the world safe, just in case The Beast returns. But Tesla doesn’t have a lot of colour choice. My art nickname is GreenArtCat. I want a GreenArtCar. Just saying.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Brown beans fried tators and corn bread