1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Has anyone tried CBD oils?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Rgv, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I got my first bottle today. It is supposed to help with anxiety which for me has been off the charts since getting Menieres. I got the full potency one with .3 thc in it and it really made me worse.... high anxiety and feeling dizzy. I should have bought the one with no thc. Even though it's so little and you can't get high, it felt like it,,,, might have had a placebo effect since I had a bad trip on weed as a teenager. As soon as I took it, 20 min later I went downhill. Has anyone else tried CBD oils? The Reviews on them has been great. Helps anxiety, OCD, pain, headaches, ton of other stuff too.
    Thnx

2. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    Never did anything for me, and as you know, I have anxiety issues myself. You’re supposed to take them for awhile... like a few weeks before it does anything. I tried it for two months and I felt no different. I had gotten it from a pharmacy and figured it had to be good (at least what I paid for it, you would think anyway).

3. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    Just curious how much did you take? And liquid or pill?

4. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I actually played it safe and took .5 ml, so half the dosage of 1ml
    And it still kind of freaked me out

5. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I tried some CBD from hemp source so no thc and can still tell border patrol I don’t use Marijuana:)

The first 2 days I tried it, I got vertigo. A few months later I tried it, just hoping for a little relaxation- nothing remarkably positive or negative.

I’m not sure it helped much, but I hear it may need to be a daily thing to help. I was hoping I could use it as needed for vertigo, fibromyalgia flares, sleep etc.

6. Rich

Rich Member

Apr 21, 2019
    West Virginia
    .5 ml converted to mg comes out to around 500. I'm looking at CBN oil where starting dose is 40 mg up to 160. Maybe you took to much?. I'm like you, couldn't smoke weed as a teen, could never relaxed enough, always made me paranoid. Like you I'm trying to find something to take the edge of the anxiety.

7. Dnrpn

Dnrpn Member

May 11, 2019
    Canada
    .5 ml depends on the concentration in your bottle. Mine was a 30ml bottle full spectrum no thc and worked out to around 17 mg per full dropper ie 1ml. I took it for a couple months with no help unfortunately. It works wonders for many people and other disorders. Worth a try but I agree it is supposed to be taken for a while to see a true effect.

8. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    The dosage was 1 ml as needed. Only 15 servings in the bottle and not cheap at $32!
    I may take it back and try the non thc one
    I just didn't respond well.

9. joebiosolid

joebiosolid New Member

Dec 18, 2017
    I have tried it and it gave me vertigo which of course made me anxious. At first I thought maybe it was a viral flare-up or to much salt but I'm pretty sure it was the CBD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Jacqui

Jacqui Member

Jan 21, 2019
    Athens, Greece
    I have the Endoca 3% CBD Hemp Oil and use one drop under the tongue when I am over-anxious about work or other issues, I do think it works and prefer it to prescription anti-anxiety meds. No side effects noticed. I would add that as well as lots of yoga I also practice an 'embrace the dizziness' ritual. Instead of going rigid with terror at the slightest spin (which tightens your neck muscles, raises your blood pressure and exacerbates the issue) I do a daft dance, warbling ''day-time drunk'' and laugh at myself if I crash into walls. Sounds silly but it helps, anxiety can be treated in many ways :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Mike B

Mike B Member

May 26, 2017
    Jacqui, I had to laugh when I saw.."'day-time drunk'' and laugh at myself if I crash into walls."

My first thought was, if that were me, it would be "'day-time drunk'' and laugh at
    myself as I barf all over the walls." :cool:

One thing we can all do to keep the spirits up is to have a good laugh
    at ourselves once in a while.

I believe the effects of CBD oil will vary according to an individuals
    own body. Our bodies have a factory installed system to deal with
    CBD's, but how an individual responds to the oil can vary based on
    a number of factors.