1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

i think i have a virus

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by mariofrommty, Jun 17, 2019.

1. mariofrommty

mariofrommty Member

Oct 7, 2016
    Hey guys
    i have just been officially diagnosed with Menieres
    my symptoms so far...
    random and almost never present "positional vertigo"
    small loose of lower frequencies in my hearing that come and go (last text my hearing was perfect)
    and since 2016 i have tinnitus in both ears, specially with random fullnes (that comes and goes in the left ear)

after 3 years of living with this, ive been okay...but since 3 weeks ago i have had more positional vertigo, headaches, my tinnitus is louder... and im just trying to find a solution, i dont want things to get worse.

I think i might have a Virus...

i have had canker sores in my mouth since 2009 t that come and go (today i have had some in mouth, they are like small fisures)
    they tent to appear in my mouth during times of stress, antibiotics, when i have a lot of alcohol or carbs.
    and when i was a teen i had for two weeks a weird episode of my mouth full of blisters (like herpes) that doctors never knew why it happend.
    after two weeks it went away...

what do you think about this guys?

2. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Sounds like a virus to me, possibly herpes zoster. I would try lysine ( can get on your own ) and /or an antiviral from your dr and see if it improves
    Good luck, keep us posted

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Try antivirals and see if they work. That is the only way you will know.

4. mariofrommty

mariofrommty Member

Oct 7, 2016
    yes!,
    guys thank you so much for your reply.
    i have had this weird... rashes inside my mouth for 10 years.
    the start appearing like red dots and then they can turn into blisters or just fade.
    they come and go, and usually come out during periods of stress, alcohol or when i eat carbs
    [​IMG]

so all the doctors that have seen it, are like... its herpes.
    btw i thinks could have started as a kid, i didnt get this from sex or something like that.
    what do you guys think?
    3 years ago i develop hydrops, fibromyalgia and other issue
    could this infection or virus be the cultprint of all of this?

5. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    There are many kinds of herpes as you know. Cold sores, chicken pox, two kinds of mono, shingles, roseola, genital h erpes and probably more. I would definitely try anti virals. I have become susceptible to multiple typrs of herpes (cmv mono, eb mono, shingles, whichever one got my ear ...) all after 58. Who knows why the immune system has issues.

6. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    I used to get canker sores often. No one is sure what causes them but it's not herpes.

Canker sore - Symptoms and causes

I use Listerine every day and it seems to have knocked them out. Can't remember the last time I had one. If you get a nasty one you can go to your dentist and they can knock it out with ... something I can't remember the name of. It hurts like hell though so make sure they numb you up first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I get canker sores
    all the time if i eat citrus or drink orange juice. Tomatoes too. I never knew the dentist could do anything about them. They come and go. I have had them all my life when i eat these foods.