1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

are headaches part of this malady?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by mariofrommty, Jul 5, 2019.

1. mariofrommty

mariofrommty Member

Oct 7, 2016
    hey guys since 4 weeks ago,
    ive been dealing with headaches
    is this part of the problem, i also feel slightly lightheaded
    but its the headaches that has me the most worried...

2. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    MAV- Migraine associated vertigo?

3. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Could it be, as someone else mentioned, MAV? I have never experienced headaches as part of Meniere's or lightheadedness as part of a headache. You really need to bring this to your doctor's attention.

4. EmilyP

EmilyP Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Florida
    I have headaches. And have never gotten any good info of what is causing it, I’m not lightheaded. But the back of my neck is where it’s located, every day.

5. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I am currently being treated for MAV in order to eliminate it as a possibility. My ent/oto advised that not all migraines manifest as pain. Some mainifest in dizziness and vertigo. Thus migraine associated vertigo or MAV.

I typically develop a headache at the end of a flare. After the headache which typically lasts for a day or two, my symptoms generally taper off for a time.

6. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019

7. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    I have been to two ENT’s who aren’t sure what is going on with me. Last week, I saw a Neurotologist. He does not think I have Ménière’s or Cochlear Hydrops due to my symptoms. He strongly believes that I have a migraine variant that manifests in the ears. I left relieved, but skeptical. This fullness and now sinus pressure has been ongoing for 4 months. The ear fullness has been constant and has caused me great anxiety because ear fullness is like a phobia for me.(It does seem to be getting better overall.)My son who is a third year neurology resident went with me to my appointment assured me they see people who have chronic ongoing migraines. I do have a long history of typical migraines when I was younger. Is this Neurotologist correct in his diagnosis? I don’t know! He has put me on an antidepressant that is used off label for problems such as mine. Time will tell, but I am staying on Valtrex for another month!! I will see if I can find the link to share. Maybe, just maybe, it will be helpful to you and others. We are all in this mess together!

8. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
  9. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    One of the MAV tretments Doc put on the table was effexor (spelling may be wrong). This is a common antidep which is also used for MAV. I said no thanks as I had a bad reaction to that med 20 years ago. So I find myself a week into a med called Verapamil. He wants me to try for up to 60 days. So far, no vertigo attacks. But one of the side effects is dizziness. Go figure.

10. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Odat
    Meds are funny that way! But at least...
    With verapamil the dizziness side effect would be lightheadedness, not vertigo.