1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Antivirals

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AmyLeigh, Apr 11, 2019.

1. David Ash

David Ash New Member

Jun 14, 2019
    Swindon UK
    I am not on the full JOH, I do take l-lysine 3000mg every day. I take also all the vitamins inc strong dose of Vit C 2400mm and B12 (not sure of dose). I have also been taking Olive leaf extract but stopped while I had a really bad Galnd infection recently (2250mg per day) and intend to go back onto this.

2. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    I remember reading on another thread not to take Lysine and olive leaf extract together as they cancel each other out. No really sure why? I think the bioflavonoids and B5 and B6 may have helped me with the fullness.

3. David Ash

David Ash New Member

Jun 14, 2019
    Swindon UK
    I have not heard this. I take B5 & B6 but not the bioflavonids.

4. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019

I took 3000mg of Valtrex for about nine weeks. I have dropped down to 2000mg for the last two or three. I am somewhat a mystery to my ENT. After my middle ear infection cleared in March, but my fullness stayed, he suspected cochlear hydrops and sent me to see a Neurotologist who diagnosed me with a migraine variant. He has put me on Nortriptyline. I am a little skeptical of that diagnosis and that is why I have continued with the Valtrex and trying to stay with a low sodium diet. While I was waiting to see the Neurotologist, I sought a second ENT opinion. He thought it was a toss up between mild Ménière’s or a Patulous Eustachian tube. Sooo.... here are my thoughts. My middle ear infection (probably viral since I started out with an upper respiratory infection) damaged my inner ear...setting up hydrops. I don’t know. I could be wrong because I have learned that migraine variants can manifest in the ears, and I am not talking about vestibular migraines. Still find it hard to believe since my problem started with an ear infection! I do think something is working! I did/have seen improvement with the antivirals, and I think adding the Nortriptyline is also helping. I have only been on it for three weeks. The doctor said to give it 6 to 8 weeks. My fullness is fluctuating, but I believe I am on an upward trend. My only symptom really has been unrelenting fullness. I did have a short spell of very subtle tinnitus, but I don’t anymore. I am not willing to give up the antivirals. I also have had to increase my sodium somewhat as my blood pressure tanked eating 1500mg. Decreasing the Valtrex and still continue to improve is promising for me, however, time will tell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wendy

wendy Member

May 18, 2019
    I believe the bioflavinoids has helped with my ear fullness.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    Thanks Wendy! I may try those. I am going to stay on course for a few more weeks, but if I stop improving or go south, I will try those. I feel so badly whining about fullness when so many suffer with the vertigo. Ear fullness is almost a phobia for me... very anxiety producing!

7. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Wendy. I would agree that the bioflavonoids have helped my ear fullness also

• Like Like x 1
  8. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Thanks for the update Svines! Wishing you continued improvement!

• Like Like x 1
  9. David Ash

David Ash New Member

Jun 14, 2019
    Swindon UK
    I have been taking them for a short time now and agree with you. My fullness has dropped quite considerably.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dnrpn

Dnrpn Member

May 11, 2019
    Canada
    It’s hard to tell. I took 3000 for 8 weeks and have been taking 2000 for 5 weeks. The first month my symptoms were worse and I developed way more dizziness- like when I was driving and came to a stop it felt like I was still moving! It has settled but still comes around a bit. All my crazy ear symptoms and buzzy vibrating head still occur on almost a daily basis but they have been milder and more tolerable since mid July. A few worse days but still nothing to the point where my hearing is really affected- so that’s nice. Last week I had NO symptoms for the whole week!! I felt like my old self. Didn’t last though.
    I also had a few upper cervical adjustments in July, and a few visits with a functional-neurology chiropractor. I can’t afford to go regularly. Perhaps they all have helped. I’ll stay on 2000mg for a couple more weeks then lower to 1000 and see.
    I just had an ECOG test done during that one week I felt normal (ugh of course). It came back normal but they said that since I wasn’t having symptoms it wasn’t conclusive.
    I remain a mystery apparently to my ENT.