1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Article on Lyme Disease

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Fisherman42, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
  2. Jimii

Jimii Member

Apr 10, 2019
    Being a lifelong resident of CT I know many people this has afflicted, myself included.
    I was very lucky. After a bad fever one August, while out of state for a funeral, the bullseye rash appeared on the back of my calf.
    I never saw the tick. I have been bitten many times by the regular dog ticks, and fortunately have not had
    a repeat incident.

I see the similarity of being another difficult to diagnose illness.
    Unfortunately Meniere's doesn't seem much further along since it was described in the 1860's.
    I wonder if a cause will ever be found in our lifetimes?

Jim

3. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    It was strange when I read it I felt like you could replace "Lyme" with "Meniere's" and some of the parallels were eerily similar. The similarities were not only with symptoms but also with treatment of both the doctors, and the non-believers who questioned if she was even sick. Words like brain-fog and tiredness kept coming up some of the timing of the symptoms all reminded me of our struggles. This article really spoke to me I hope there is more input from others after reading this.

4. teesdale

teesdale Active Member

Oct 24, 2014
    Fantastic article. One thing we can take from this woman is her tenacity and thoroughness in trying to get answers. Another is her ability to not let the disease control her life. She was flying off to Paris to teach a class when she couldn't even walk due to the pain. Amazing!

5. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019

I have every admiration for those who are able to not let their disease control their life, but doing that is a lot easier said than done. I could do that to a certain degree when I was young, but older I get, the less and less able I am to be able to do that.

6. Svines

Svines Member

May 8, 2019
    Can you explain the mold connection. I had allergy testing done, and it turns out I am highly allergic to mold. Mold spores have been high in our area all summer, and I understand it can be a year long problem, especially here in the hot and humid south. Thank you!