1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Worse before better on antivirals?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MaryR, Aug 31, 2019.

1. MaryR

MaryR New Member

Jul 25, 2019
    Hi friends,
    So, I’m 4 days in to valacyclivir, 1g tid. And wow, oh wow, I didn’t think it could be possible to feel even worse than I had been, but the past 4 days have been hell. Daily full-blown crippling vertigo attacks, consisting of 2-3 hours of active spinning, nystagmus so bad I can’t see, and violent vomiting, followed by hours of exhaustion and 24 hour general dizziness.
    Any btdt advice? Do symptoms generally get worse before they get better when starting antivirals? Any advice on things to do, or avoid, while I get acclimated to the valacyclovir?
    Thanks!
    Hope everyone has a happy and healthy weekend.
    Warmly,
    Mary

2. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Yes for me my symptoms got worse before they got better. It’s the disease fighting back against the AV’s you have to stick with it to give time for the AV’s to work.

3. Brother_of_Nool

Brother_of_Nool Member

May 24, 2019
    New York
    My issues are all hearing related at this time (no vomiting / dizziness since I stopped eating wheat). After a few days of the AVs, everything got worse. After a month, I actually had a few days of near-normalcy. However, everything has returned - but it's not as bad as it's been in the past.

4. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Watch the trend. As long as it is getting better, keep doing what you are doing. Wheat/grasses etc were a factor for me too. Allergy shots helped. As with all viruses, it takes a while for the damage done to heal. Think of mono, also a herpes virus. Shingles ... stay the course if things are improving but at the same time, try to reduce all stresses ont he immune system like allergies, emotional stress, lack of sleep etc.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BillBo

BillBo New Member

Sep 3, 2019
    I am going in on this antiviral stuff. I hesitated before because some said there were some speed bumps possible. just started lysine at the high 3 gram a day level. just ordered monolaurin to go with. Only other thing i am doing is a candida kill effort. The first 3 days have been frought with flu like symptoms and fatigue though I slept well. I can always use help with that. Excited and nervous it will help. I get the trepidation thing...I feel like alice in wonderland only Male and with a raiders shirt. Crossing fingers I feel better and we beat the mules tonight on MNF.