1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Time to get Serious.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Onedayatatime, Jun 20, 2019.

1. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Have a wonderful trip!

2. Saera

Saera Active Member

Jul 5, 2019
    Sounds like you might going to superior? Fish for me too!!

3. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    About 70 miles south of Superior in Phillips, WI. Had a nice time despite a bit of dizzy. Fortunately, no vertigo. Per advice on this board, I chose to be dizzy out on the lake at night under a full moon doing something I love with someone I love rather than be dizzy in bed.

OK, get ur minds outta the gutter, we went fishing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    Time for another update. The good news is I've been 60 days with no vertigo. However, the flare cycles are still present including weekly dizziness. Doc is weaning me off my 200mg dose of verapamil for a week, then I start a new med called Topiramate. I hate the thought of giving up the no vertigo progress. But as I used to say in my youth. No guts, no glory.

5. Bonlyn

Bonlyn Active Member

Dec 29, 2017
    New York
    OH I am so disappointed for you, hoped the extra verapamil would have put you in remission.

Please let me know how the topiramate goes, very curious. Hear it either works great or you feel worse. That was offered to me after the verapamil fail but I think I want to try the nortryptiline first. I have no guts anymore (but thankfully still have faith.:))
    At least you were able to have a nice fishing trip. Small blessings while going through the storm . I will look for your updates. Best to you.

6. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I have the time so I figured I'd do an update. I'm 2 days out from another month free of vertigo. I can also add that I have been free of dizziness since I discontinued the Verapamil. I feared the return of vertigo events during the medication transition from Verapamil to Topiramate, but my sitch only improved. So much so I contacted my Doc to ask if I could freeze the ramp-up of Topiramate at half dose which he agreed. I really believe the Buchholz diet is what has cleared my head. My flare cycles are pretty much gone. Aside from a dead ear and tinnitus, I am feeling pretty good for a 61+ years. I wish I had tried the Migraine diet sooner in my journey. I ignored it because I didn't get headaches.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    It's been an interesting few weeks as I was forced out of my normal rhythm with regards to diet. Had to eat restaurant food for several days which meant loss of control of sodium uptake and hidden migraine trigger foods. As expected, I am paying the price with an increase in head pressure and dizziness. For me, it takes several days for the abuse to manifest in symptoms. Fortunately, I expected this and climbed back on the wagon prior to the dizziness moving in. One thing I find interesting is how we focus so much energy on all the supplements we take in and how little energy we focus on all the crap we should cease and desist to take in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Onedayatatime

Nov 22, 2016
    I'm about one week out from the 5 month mark of no vertigo. Life has started to return to a somewhat normal state. After my last post, I figured out that I was likely experiencing some side effects from the Topiramate and cut myself back to a single 25mg tab. Dizziness is actually a side affect of most MAV meds. Besides the Topiramate and a 1/2 dose of a diuretic, I pursue the MAV diet, LOSO and supplements (most of JOH). The syptoms that remain are deafness in the affected ear, tinnitus and pressure. While there is some slight variation in these symptoms, they never go away. Every now and then, I experience a sight imbalance, but nothing worth complaining about after the past few years.

If I can muster the courage in the new year, I will try to ween off the topiramate and diuretic 100% and try to control the vertigo with the MAV diet, LOSO and supplements alone. Like I said "IF" I can muster the courage.

I hope everyone has a blessed holiday.